Chapter 21

Chapter 1: Truth and Change of Plans

      The University Collaboration and knowledge exchange ended up a few days ago. Ansell enjoyed the event, somehow. He has learned a lot of things and met eccentric yet amicable people. There was this student from Deer College who ended up asking him a lot of things. Ansell has answered her strange questions. Said student has also ended up asking if he wanted to be a teacher at their College. But before he could answer, the old professor Albertson refuse on his place vehemently.

It was endearing how the old professor declare that no one could take any professors on their academy. His colleagues laughed their asses off, Ansell would admit that he also laughed at that time. It was amusing and hilarious that the old professor would think of them wanting to leave the University in exchange for some unknown school that they have no sentiment or particular attachment to.

Ansell talk to a lot of people that day. It was very interesting. But he notice that something was off that day. In the event, Asner was with him. He knows that his son wasn't amicable to strangers. He wouldn't bother to talk with them or make any effort. But through all of those events, he has been particularly quiet and silent. Only bothering to answer and speak a few words if he asked. He doesn't even bother responding to the questions of his colleagues.

Ansell thought that maybe Asner was upset. But he doesn't look like one. He has just been at his side quiet, silent and Ansell has a hard time grasping his son's emotions that time. It was like he wasn't talking to Asner at all but a mere failed imitation of him. It was an impossible and inconceivable thought. It was ridiculous.

But, after a few days after the events, where he opened the door to their hotel room and look at two Asner inside the room, he could only open his mouth in shock.

The two Asner stated at him at the same time. It was eerie, scary, shocking, or whatever it is! But despite that, Ansell still manages to close the door of the room and get inside.

One of the Asner then started smiling with a pained smile. Ansell instantly knows that it was his son.

" Father... "

His son said fondly. But Ansell also grasped that there was a trace of nervousness, guilt, and pain on them.

" I'm sorry.... "

‘ This... What is this? ’ Is what he wanted to ask. He was so confused about the current situation. Ansell has many questions that he wanted to ask. He wanted to know what is going on.

" Asner.... "

But, he could only mutter his son's name.

Eventually, Ansell started walking to his son. He also saw his son flinching for a moment. He doesn't know what is going on. But Ansell decided to crouch down and bring his eyes at the same level as his son.

" I'm sorry. I've been hiding a lot of things from you. "

His son said with a bitter smile on his face before averting his eyes. Ansell doesn't know why that does cause a chuckle out of him. He was surprised by his reaction. There was a clone of his son. And that clone was probably the one who was accompanying him during the past few days.

" I've been hiding a lot of truths. Dangerous truths that would get you in the trouble, Father. "

He can't see a lie in those words. Despite not knowing anything or being clueless, he decided to listen. Even it would result in him being dragged into Twilight Zone.

Sighing, he doesn't know what would happen later. But he wanted to learn what is happening.

" Could you tell me the truth, Asner? "