Chapter 43

AN: Ugh... This is so horrible, I haven't managed to update anything last week and the previous last week. There's a lot of work that was given to us. I'm tired. And this week, there are other tasks and homework assigned. Sorry, for the very delayed update. I hope I would be able to update my other Fanfiction this week.

This is horrible.

I don't miss my school days.

Chapter 43: Dread and Worries

           It was one of the days where Iris would stay in Site-17 after one of their missions. She was exhausted. Physically and mentally. Beside him were Agent Frederickson and Dr. Dantensen who was talking to each other as they headed towards one of the cafeterias. When they arrived there and saw the Cafeteria, Iris has a growing looming feeling of dread. Her stomach feel queasy as she stared at a certain someone in the cafeteria.

Asner Graves was an unusual person to be seen in the cafeteria. A little child among the adults. An SCP who was given privilege for unknown reasons to her.

The child was sitting among one of the chairs in the cafeteria. Among Asner's company were the presence of his father, his father's colleague, and a researcher whose name was Dr. Edison. Iris can't hear them over the distance but it appears that they are talking about something engaging and interesting. Judging by Dr. Edison's gestures and the child's look of intensity in his eyes.

To Iris's worries and dread, She has forgotten about Dr. Dantensen and Agent Frederickson. They have already lined up to take their food while she was preoccupied with her thoughts and now they are heading to one of the vacant tables beside Asner's group. Dr. Dantensen was gesturing for her to seat with them.

Iris bit her lip as he approached the two. Dr. Dantensen was staring at her with a frown on his face.

" Are you still exhausted Iris? "

Before she could answer and took a seat beside them, she heard her name being called enthusiastically.

" Miss Iris! "

A voice is full of enthusiasm and brightness. She can feel the dread within the pit of her stomach. Asner was smiling at her while waving his hands.

This was the child who has indirectly helped her previously when she was experiencing a panic attack. Asner, she learned his name that day.

Asner appeared to hold down his hand when she didn't reply to him. His face lost its smile and brightness. Dr. Dantensen stared at her for a moment before smiling at Asner.

" I'm sorry but Iris was exhausted. "

Iris sent in what she hoped an apologetic glance at Asner. But she was hesitant about interacting with the child. She was afraid that he would gain the interest of personnel and that would be the cause of him being pulled in MTF-OMEGA 7. She was a teenager but she was pulled in the MTF to be used as an asset. If someone like her a teenager was pulled into the MTF at a very young age, shdoesdo no doubt that the foundation personnel wouldn't hesitate to drag Asner in MTF-OMEGA 7 if he was seen as a useful asset.

She was pulled out of her pessimistic thoughts when she heard Asner reply to Dr. Dantensen.

" Miss Iris is tired? I'm sorry for bothering you. "

Asner sent her an apologetic glance while Dr. Dantensen smiled at Asner. It was a genuine smile that was directed at the child. Iris thought that Dr. Dantensen was the kindest researcher here in the foundation that she has encountered so far.

" It's not your fault. Oh, we have also forgotten to thank you for helping her previously. "

" It's no problem. I'm glad to have helped Miss Iris with her problem. "

Dr. Dantensen's smile becomes more genuine at that. Yet, Iris was starting to notice something strange. She has noticed Asner's father was sending a glare to Agent Frederickson much to the latter's confusion. If looks could kill, Agent Frederickson would experience death several times.

Dr. Dantensen and Asner notice the strange atmosphere and turned to look at Agent Frederickson. Dr. Dantensen then decided to ask.

" Did Agent Frederickson do something to you, Mr. Graves? "

" Nothing... "

Asner's father replied with a biting and harsh tone. He then continued.

" But to Asner, he did. "

All stares turned to Asner as he tugged his father's clothes. He shook his head. Iris now feels confused. Even she knows that Agent Frederickson wasn't probably a nice guy, she thought that he was someone who wouldn't harm a child.

" What? "

She saw Agent Frederickson look so totally confused in his life than right now.

" Are you mistaking me for someone? I wouldn't harm a little child! "

Agent Frederickson told them as the glare of Asner's Father become harsher. But before Mr. Graves could say something, his son have beaten him to it.

" Mr. Frederickson didn't harm me. Well, he was just unknowingly gotten himself involved as a witness to the time I and the dream man were talking. But judging by the way that Agent Frederickson doesn't have any recognition of me and my father, it appears that you have taken an Amnestics. "

Iris felt that it was a moment that she shouldn't have gotten herself involved with this horrifying and confusing conversation. Since Agent Frederickson has taken an Amnestics, it must be very serious.

Probably more serious than she originally thought if a member of MTF Omega-7 was needed to take Amnestics. Doubt started appearing in her mind if she thought that she would be the cause if Asner have gotten himself involved in MTF-OMEGA 7. But it appears that there's more than meets the eye in the case of a fellow humanoid SCP like Asner. She doesn't much regarding him. But his circumstances appear much more deeper and unusual than she was.

She sighed when she heard Dr. Dantensen start chuckling wryly while the researcher with Asner's group was sternly telling the child he couldn't just casually blurt out that kind of information. After a while, Iris found herself watching a show on an anonymous cellphone. Dr. Dantensen and Agent Frederickson were beside her as they watched the show with Asner's group. The two researchers are discussing things regarding the show quite fervently and occasionally, Asner would offer his opinion regarding the show.

Iris felt her exhaustion disappearing as she watched the show and listened to the discussion of Dr. Dantensen and the researcher called Dr. Edison.