Chapter 12

Chapter 12: End of the Trial, Start of the Mission of Unusualness

The Trial Mission Card. It was automatically activated when the system arrived. Asner wasn't informed that there was something like that from the start. It was an item that protected him or prevented him from encountering anomalies. It was also something that locked the so-called Mission of the Unusualness. And from the name, Asner could guess that the mission has to do with the various SCP of this world.

Asner was also at fault that he recently learned about it. From the start, he didn't bother to look at the items in storage space or look at the shop function of the system. Asner was quite familiar with some of the actions of the system, if he didn't question the system, it wouldn't bother to inform of important matters or any information. He was really at fault. From the start, Asner was filled with stubborn determination to live a normal life and don't get the curiosity overtaken him.

But now, everything was different. And he was still disappointed in himself that he had given up on living a normal life. But he has no choice, he doesn't want to end up weak and defenseless against the various SCP's that this world has to offer.

Now that it was the day of June, Asner was at his bed laying with his eyes open and staring at the ceiling. He was nervous and uncomfortable as he waited for the Trial Mission Card to end. He stared at the holographic screen that he could only see and waited for the countdown.

'10'

'9'

'8'

'7'

'6'

'5'

'4'

'3'

'2'

'1'

It was at this moment Asner has suddenly felt a strange sort of pressure around himself. Shrouding and placing some sort of burden on him.

{ Trial Mission Card effects ended }

{ Trial Mission Card is only a one time used item }

{ Erasing Trial Mission Card... }

{ Updating.... }

{ Mission of the Unusualness is now available on the task panel of the system }

{ User's safety privilege ended }

{ Please work hard to defend and protect yourself host for the troubles incoming towards you in the future }

{ Special Privilege ended }

The words of the system resounded on his mind. Asner felt pressured and nervous as he listened to the system. It has ended. And now, Asner knows that the trouble would start coming from now on. Even if he wanted to have a Trial Mission Card, it wasn't like he could buy it in the shop. There was no Trial Mission Card in the shop that could be bought. The shop has a lot of amazing and impossible things. But Asner notices that there are some limits. There wasn't anything on the shop that could turn him into a God, Dragon, or anything that could change his race. The shop has many lots of amazing things, but it doesn't have everything available. Even it has a lot to offer, it does have the answer for everything.

{ System loading... }

{ Initializing Mission of the Unusualness... }

{ 8% }

{ 32% }

{ 45% }

{ 61% }

{ 75% }

{ 83% }

{ 96% }

{ 100 % }

[ Mission of the Unusualness

Introduction: As someone has said “death is the next adventure.  ” You have been born in one of the most dangerous worlds that existed. A world where unusualness is the norm and an organization that was trying to preserve the semblance of normality through any means. The Special Trial Mission Card has ended. You can't end up as a coward forever. The guaranteed protection from encountering dangerous SCPs expired. Go forth and face your fears, it was now time for ———— to benefit and receive the interest, human.  ]

Now, that sounded ominous. He was also feeling quite shaken by the information since it was the first time that he encountered the system censoring a word. Asner was certain that it must be something important and the one who was responsible for giving him the system. Asner wasn't taking the system for granted. He knows from the start that he received it that someone... Probably a very powerful high being was the one who sent him his so-called golden cheat system. That is also one of the reasons why he didn't use the system from the start aside from wanting to live a normal life.

Asner also suspected that the being was the one who was also responsible for his reincarnation in this world.

Asner gritted his teeth as he decided to sit on his bed while he read the information about the new Mission of the Unusualness in the projected screen that he could only see.

[ With the arrival of the Mission of the Unusualness, the Normal Mission has been terminated. The Mission of the Unusualness is unique and dangerous. It deals with dealing with the various unusualness of this world. Unlike the normal missions which have a duration of 24 hours, Mission of the Unusualness time duration varies from a day to a month. In special circumstances, it could last even a year. ]

Having a longer time duration, meant that it was very dangerous. As in the level of danger that could end your life. Longer doesn't mean safer. Asner continued reading the information.

[ Mission of the Unusualness

Current Available Missions:

1. Paint the face of the shy guy.

Duration: 5 days
Reward: 1000 points

2. Save 10 passengers from the man-eating bus

Duration: 1 month
Reward: 3000 points

3. Kill 2 man-eating bus

Duration: 1 week
Reward: 5000 points

4. Steal many scps from the auction of Marshall Carter & Dark (one for every kind)

Duration: 2 weeks
Reward: 8000 points

5. Kill 15 Bobbies from Unlondon

Duration: 1 month
Reward: 10,000 points
• Unknown Library Pass

Note: If the Host doesn't still manage to accept one mission of the Unusualness until the end of the day, disaster would strike and befall around the Host. A very high chance that the disaster would have to do with the SCPs that were listed on the mission.  ]

   Asner pulled a strange expression on his face as he saw the missions. It was just a start, but it was already difficult. After a while, he choose one of the missions and went back to sleep after. His dreams were fraught with nightmares as he worries in his dreams about what would happen to him in the future.