Trust

The previous night :

Jimin's pov -

It's been a few days and simply lying here and staring at this stupid perforated hospital ceiling couldn't have gotten more boring.

I shifted my arm a little to the side, trying not to strain my wounded shoulder as i lift my sore back from the bed and toss over to one side.

A groan left my mouth, causing the man sat on the couch hiding behind his newspaper to divert his attention to me.

"You okay?" Yoongi held the tall papers away from his face, his pale skin coming into view.

"Do i look like it?" I spat back, rolling my eyes at his attempts to appear concerned.

Yoongi sighed, folding the papers and keeping them away as he reached for the foot of my bed.

"It's been a few days and the doctor said you were already recovering so i asked--"

"Exactly my point," i interrupted him, making him scoff but i didn't care about his attitude at the moment," Why the fuck am i still here then?"

Yoongi flashed an incredulous look before shaking his head patronizingly at me.

"You know you need to rest for the whole week." he said as a matter of fact and i held in a sneer.

"Sure... but i don't get why you suddenly care." I questioned, trying not to make my voice lace too much with mockery. It did.

"Chi-" He stopped, inhaling shortly at how my face contorted at the nickname that never came out," I mean Jimin, please. Can we not- can we not put everything behind us and try to make things work? At all?"

I felt my face heat up, anger beginning to rise through each of my veins as i shot him a glare that i wished could turn him to dust at that very moment.

"Behind us? Put everything behind us you say?" I raised my voice, lifting my body to sit up on the bed. He reached out to help me but i stopped him with a palm to his face, not wanting the man anywhere closer to me. "You're asking me to put behind whatever happened? Forget all that you did to me? Well isn't it easy for you to ask that Min Yoongi?"

I know my shouting on the top of my voice inside an infirmary wasn't the most ideal thing to do but i couldn't help it. Especially considering the fact that this was the first time we were talking about that dreadful night.

"Jimin i really don't have time for this right now," Yoongi sighed, pinching his nose in exasperation.

"Ofcourse. Ofcourse you don't, Min. It's not like i expected anything out of you anyway," i turned away from him, voice clogging up in my throat.

It was basically a lie. The fact that i didn't expect anything out of him. The truth was that i did. I did expect him to apologize to me after whatever happened, whatever he did to us. And i still do. As dumb as it may sound.

But he didn't have to know that. Not right now, not ever.

A loud ring broke the uncomfortable silence forming in the cabin, reverberating from his trouser pocket until he reached for it and held it close to one ear.

"What did you find out?" Yoongi asked the caller, his perfect brows drawing together into a grim frown.

The line buzzed from the other end indicating someone was talking, but i couldn't hear what they said.

"What?" Yoongi suddenly blurted, too loudly for that matter and had my attention instantly when he uttered the next words," so the call to the police on the day of the raid... was made from his phone?"