Goodbye

A/n: m i s s  m e ?

The next morning was washed by another spell of rain in LA, making it characteristically difficult for Taehyung to wake himself up, the harrowing lack of sleep from the previous night not helping his case at all.

But he reminded himself the number of things he was supposed to get done here before leaving for Incheon at night.

Taehyung went to a parlor first, getting the blue hair dye replaced with his natural dull brown locks. He cut it shorter on the back and longer near his forehead like it used to be when he lived back in Seonchang. The boy was momentarily reminded of Seokjin and how he forgot about meeting him now that Jimin told him he was back. Taehyung made it a point to add that to his list.

The next stop was made to an optical store where he bought himself a pair of glasses identical to the ones he used to put on before. He removed the contacts and tossed them in a bin, marginally satisfied about getting back to his normal routine.

Then he made his way to the bus stop and took a long ride to the other side of the city, somewhere near the Westside and got off at an unknown stop. Taehyung had to look around a little, ask a few passersby for some direction until he found what he was looking for.

A payphone.

The brunette ran a cautious gaze around the fairly empty street and sauntered over to it, putting a penny in the coinholder and hastily dialing a number.

"Hello Seonchang police county, how may i help you?"

"Can i speak to the head constable please?" Taehyung asked, trying to use a deeper intone for his voice.

"This is him. And you are...?"

"Jjangyo-nim its me, Taehyung."

"What!? Taehyung-- what are you-- what!?" The constable sounded confused and partly scared to hear the boys voice again. Taehyung sighed and tried to not freak out as he uttered the next few words.

"I w-want to surrender."

The next fifteen minutes passed with the constable freaking the fuck out about Taehyung wanting surrender after all he said about being kidnapped by the mafia. Therefore as rehearsed, Taehyung begins to tell him about the 'real' story behind the 'fake' call that evening and that everything was just a misunderstood mess. He could tell that the old man didn't seem very convinced by his lies and that's when he used his backup plan-- the one that he came up with while pretending to sleep at night.

Taehyung told the officer that while he was undercover and hiding from the mafia, he managed to gather some valuable insights on the recent deals of the gang and maybe even a name of one of Jungkook's accomplices who led the gwangju attack. He was bluffing ofcourse but he needed the officer to believe him on this to get back home.

Fortunately the head constable was elated and instantly gave in to help the boy return but Taehyung wasn't done yet. He pushed forward to strike a deal with the head - in exchange for the 'oh so valuable' information he has to see that the Gwangju government revokes Taehyung's tag as a wanted criminal and allows him to join the police force again. That was a tricky part but he knew the government would do anything to get dirt on the mafia and like he thought, the head reluctantly but agreed to help him with that as well.

It was midday by the time Taehyung returned to his short stay apartment, only to find Jimin and another tall figure talking amongst themselves as they packed a suitcase full of clothes for Taehyung.

"Jin hyung!!" The brunette boy launched himself on the olders back, making him stumble a little before breaking into a chuckle.

"Missed me?" Seokjin cooed adorably at the water collecting in Taehyung's eyes and quickly took him in a warm hug.