The Cop

Jeongguk's Point of View:

After a brief disappearance of the senior and the owner of the soft voice that had called him out, I saw a dainty figure slip past the iron door and slither into the grimy room like a shadow sneaking around in daylight.

When he finally presented himself under the faded yellow light that hung over us, to say I was surprised would be an understatement. A sleek man, no, a boy dressed in a suit that was way too mature for his teen-ish appearance, with his dirty blonde hair falling over a pair of heavy round glasses that did very little to cover the innocence and inexperience he vibed.

He dragged the chair that was once occupied by his senior, seating himself on its edge and by that simple action of his I could tell that he was beyond freaked out.

I suppressed a smile as he shakily placed a week old Richardson on the table in front and pushed it over to me with two delicate fingers.

He cleared his throat as I matched his action, sliding the booklet to the left and deciding upon giving him all my attention.

He raised his arm and now placed a recording device on the table, turning it on.

Still no words were spoken and I felt funny in my stomach for some reason.

"We'll start with some basic questions for starters," His deep voice startled me a little but I regained my composure, nodding at him.

"What is your name?" he asked gripping a pen and a notepad.

"Jeon Jeongguk. What's yours?" I asked, observing him.

He frowned at my question but shrugged later mouthing a name.

Kim Tae Hyung

I repeated it in my head and the funny feeling only rose.

"What do you do and who do you work for?"

I couldn't contain my chortle at the question. He was asking me who I was? Your death probably. But I chose to play along.

"I run my dad's business. He used to sell weapons."

The boy scribbled down the given information and then looked up at me, adjusting his spectacles. He was looking more at ease from his initial demeanor and I didn't like that, so I changed the course of the questioning.

"You seem to be new, when did you join the department?" I asked him instead, deepening my voice to the octave I used with the people I wanted to intimidate. It worked when I saw him gulp, the apple in his throat bobbing slightly.

"w..well since im the investigator, shouldn't I be the one questioning you?"

I could say that he was trying. Trying really hard to maintain his posture as a cop but still failing.

I placed both my arms on the table, leaning on it and locked my gaze with his timid one.

"Well I don't think so." I whispered back.

He stilled, not knowing what to say to that. His glanced at the recording device still working in the background and cleared his throat again.

"We have been told that you are accused of illegal trade of weapons and a lot of murders, is that right?" he asked again fidgeting with his pen, eyes not looking up to meet my own.

I leaned against the back of my chair and grabbed the neglected porn mag from the table, flipping through the impudent content.

Taehyung looked up at my intended disregard of his question and adjusted his glasses, looking around. He seemed to be thinking about what he should do next.

"D..Did you not hear me?" he asked, confidence draining with each word.

I shook my head.

"I was being nice to you, Taehyung ," I answered snapping my gaze at him, "but you ignored my question. So I did too."

He looked conflicted at my answer, shifting uncomfortably under my frosty noser. I could be a child sometimes and I loved that about myself.

"Oh?", he quivered shifting closer to the table, "well then im sorry I guess?" he apologized to me softly, looking somewhat guilty.

I smiled at that and sat up lightening the mood and tossed the open magazine in front of us.

Taehyung blushed a shade of baby pink when his eyes fell over the picture of a naked man bending over a chair, making me grin widely.

"You're gay." I declared playfully, watching him change more colours than the morning glory and he looked at me with wide eyes.

"w..wait how is that relevant?" he stuttered, flushing.

"so you are." I concluded laughing and he let out a frustrated sigh.

"See you're wasting our time here, I need to record this information and send it to the quarters before morning..." he stopped when he noticed I was up on my feet and striding around the table to come closer to him.

I placed my butt on the edge of the table right in front of him, letting my feet dangle from it. He flinched at the sudden proximity.

"You were saying?" I asked nonchalantly, leaning a bit to the right and tapping on the device, switching it off.

"W-what do you think you are doing?" he stuttered, sweat beads forming on his cute forehead.

"Nothing, I thought this question answer game could be a little more entertaining if this nagging piece of shit was removed." I pouted flicking the gadget off such that it landed on the floor with a loud thud.

"So you said you were gay," I continued.

"i..I didn't say that?"

"You didn't deny it either."

"Uh, I still don't know how that is r-relevant?"

I ignored his question and placed my thigh on the edge shifting closer to him. He backed away like a deer from its hunter.

"Do you not know me?" I asked him innocently, placing my chin on my palm, elbows resting on knees.

He looked around uncomfortably and I thought he was looking for an escape route or something.

"y..yes I do." Was all he said.

"Then you should know better than to ask me silly questions." I snapped and saw him jump up, frightened as I returned to my cold intimidating self.

I tilted my head to get a better look at his soft scared features and stared into his eyes.

"Actually I don't even care if you're gay or not, when I feel like I want to fuck someone, I do it nevertheless."

_________________________________