Epilogue 🎯

Recommended playlist for the chapter:

◇ Addicted - Enrique Iglesias

◇ Fix you - Coldplay (or Bts cover ver.)

◇ Never not - Lauv

◇ Still with you - Jungkook

A/n: I'm sorry for being late again. I hope you enjoy this. Love you guys!

3 years later

Night has drawn upon the vast expansive sky. An empty landscape.

As far and as long as his eyes ran, there was nothing else but darkness. Maybe just a few silhouettes of pine trees dotting the wet mossy ground, and a thick invisible blanket of chilly January air.

Taehyung was laying on the floor, upon a lattice of cobblestone and intervening greenery, a sort of green as good as black. Next to him was a stone slab, an old withering grey, adhering to its age with chipped off corners and green vines embossing it's numerous cracks.

A gravestone.

Taehyung's eyes fluttered like little dandelions swaying in the breeze.
Cold, withering but somehow still there.

He lifts a hand and gently places it upon the center of the cold stone, feeling the coarse texture against his palm. Taehyung moves it, drawing small circles on the grave like he would have if it were a person and he was lying on their chest after a long day.

Taehyung smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes. Just like the warmth of his palm doesn't reach the one lying beneath the stone. A shaky sigh left his lips, he wants to cry but doesn't. He bottles it up.

Like he has been doing for the past so many years, he bottles it up whole and stores it somewhere far in his heart. Never to come out. Not until there was hope.

A voice suddenly reverbs in his head--

"I... im sorry Mr. Kim [...]

...we could've saved him if he [...]

Time of death 6:54--"

Taehyung wakes up with a jolt, eyes wide in seering fear and body drenched with cold sweat. His limbs feel numb and for a moment he can't seem to move them. Damn, sleep paralysis and its aftereffects.

He tries to even out his breathing, readjust his mind to bring it out of its state of frenzy until he's able to move his body again. It takes him a few minutes but he's used to it. Well, that kinda happens when you keep having the same dream for 3×365 nights.

After he finally manages to train his body movements back to shape, Taehyung turns to his right. A choke rises up in his throat when he finally understands what's happening. The spot next to him on the bed was empty again. Icy... as if it had never been occupied.

"Baby?" Taehyung questioned, suddenly shooting up on the bed. He felt the other side of the bedsheet under his fingers, disappointed at the lack of warmth that should've been there and looked around the dark space of the bedroom.

No person in sight.

From the little gap in the curtains a beam or two of sunlight sneaked in, telling the boy it was daytime already and that put his mind a bit at ease. Taehyung quickly slipped out of the covers and walked out of the room, still dressed in his pajamas.