Enmity Arc Chapter 51: A Plan to Save Everyone

After reuniting with your friends, an announcement was made by General Ironwood after he destroyed SDC cargo ships that were supposed to save the people of Mantle. He announced that unless Penny returns to Atlas to help General Ironwood, Mantle will be destroyed. You, your team, Emerald, and Oscar were in the dining room discussing how to approach all of this while Jaune and Ren go visit Nora in Weiss' room. 

Yang: Okay, Ironwood wants Penny, otherwise Mantle is done for. So, how do we stop him?

Blake: Qrow and Robyn are still in his custody, and May said that Atlas security drones are watching the crater, so they're trapped too. 

You: Going to Atlas and Mantle at the same time isn't going to work either. If anything, he'd just keep the bomb hidden before dropping it in Mantle. He could also just blow it up from Atlas then start searching for Penny. 

Oscar: And Salem isn't going to stay gone for much longer. 

Ruby: So then, it's impossible. 

Emerald: See? If Miss Hero with all the answers doesn't have an answer, then we have ours. 

Weiss: Shut up. 

Yang: Okay, then why don't you just leave?

Oscar: Can we please just give each other a chance? Emerald's not with Salem anymore, and Ozpin is back. 

You notice Weiss look away, Ruby has her head on the table, and Blake holding her legs close to her as she sits next to you. 

Oscar: All of this doubt and worry and distrust, it isn't getting us anywhere.

Ruby: Then nothing has changed! *she says as she lifts her head and slams her hands on the table* We're in the exact same place as yesterday. Arguing over what to do while the kingdom waits to die. 

Yang tries to calm Ruby down and puts her hand on Ruby's shoulder. However, Ruby then shrugs it off and runs away with Yang following right behind her. You then get up and follow them and listen to them. Yang talks to Ruby to try and cheer her up, but you hear Ruby talk about the grimm that took Oscar. Ruby then says that her mom might be one of those types of grimm. Yang then tries to continue to cheer Ruby then hugs her, and it seems to have worked despite Ruby crying. You then walk over to them.

Ruby: Hey Sunchock. *she wipes away her tears* 

You: I heard you two talking about your mom. And...I know that she is fine right now.

Yang: What do you mean? *she lets go of Ruby*

You: The night Beacon fell, I'm sure you were all told I went missing or something, right?

Ruby: Yeah...that's right?

You: Your mom, Summer, helped me on top of Beacon Tower.

Yang: Wait, what?

You: After Ruby used her eyes, and I guess after someone got her, Summer went to Beacon Tower and took me to a small hut in a forest. 

Ruby: You mean... *she looks like she is going to cry again*

Yang: Why didn't you tell us this sooner? *she says like she doesn't believe this*

You: I don't know. I guess it's because she is... dying. Salem put some kind of grimm in her that kills her every time she uses her eyes. And I guess she has used them quite a bit since then.

Ruby wipes her tears again and smiles.

Ruby: Thank you for telling us this. If where we met first after the fall of Beacon is where she is, we should be able to find her again next time we're in Vale.