Awakening Arc Chapter 40: Welcome to Atlas

You and your friends had finally made it to Atlas. However, you all saw that the entire Atlas Air fleet was surrounding the kingdom as if they were expecting some sort of attack. Once you all had seen that, a woman on the radio contacted you all and gave you instructions. 

Female Air Controller: "Manta 5-1, welcome home. Please continue your approach to Atlas docking bay, Omega-12. A security team will meet you there. Over."

Ruby: I don't understand. What's happening here?

Qrow: I don't know.

Jaune: But we are here. We got the lamp to Atlas. So, I guess we land and get some answers. 

Weiss: I'm not so sure. I've never seen our forces deployed so aggressively before. If we land in a stolen ship, there's no way the security team will let us anywhere near Ironwood. They might even take me back to my father. 

Blake: So...

Weiss: Winter! *she takes her scroll out* Put some distance between us and the fleet.

Maria: You don't have to tell me twice. 

Maria had flown the airship down to the city of Mantle, which was located almost beneath the city of Atlas. A fog nearly covered this dense and industrial city. A broadcast showing General Ironwood appears on giant screens throughout the city. General Ironwood says that everything is alright and the kingdom is safe. 

Yang: General Ironwood, he looks...

Ruby: Tired.

You: And stressed.

Qrow: James, what have you been doing? 

You all start seeing Atlesian Knights and other Atlas robots roaming the streets. You notice that the people within the city look like they are scared of the Knights. 

Weiss: This isn't right. None of this right. 

The female air controller comes in through the radio once again.

Female Air Controller: "Manta 5-1, we've noticed a detour in your route. You are to make your way to docking bay Omega-12 immediately, do you copy? Over"

Maria: We're kind of running out of time here, kids. 

Yang: We need to ditch the ship. 

Qrow: Agreed. Get lost in Mantle and buy ourselves some time. 

Weiss: I'm telling you, my sister can take us to Ironwood.

Blake: Uhh... Weiss. 

Weiss goes to Blake and you all see Winter speaking on the giant screens that show the broadcasts. It looks like Winter is reminding people, or rather warning the people of Mantle. 

Weiss: Winter?

Qrow: No offense, Weiss. I'm not sure that's a good idea anymore. 

Weiss: There's obviously something very wrong. If we can just talk to her, we-

Qrow: Look, I'm not even sure we should be talking to Ironwood until we know exactly what's going on with Mantle.

Weiss: But-

Maria: Everyone, calm down. *she sighs* I know someone who can help with both. 

The Female Air controller comes back on to the radio and sounds really upset that no one responded to her.