Unity Arc Chapter 13: The Discovery

You and your team got on an airship, and are now headed to the Southeast. The huntsman that is accompanying you five is Doctor Oobleck. You are almost to the Southeast and Doctor Oobleck starts talking to you and your team.

Yang: I guess I just never saw you as a fighter.

Oobleck: I admit I fancy myself more of an, intellectual but I can assure you, as a huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles.

Ruby: *she is confused* Like the mushrooms?

Blake: *she speaks to Ruby but doesn't look at her* Those are truffles. 

Ruby: *still confused* Like the sprout?

Yang: *she speaks to Ruby but doesn't look at her* Those are brussels.

Oobleck: Besides, given my expertise in the field of history as well as my dabblings in the art of archaeological surveys, our dear headmaster saw it fit to assign me to this particular, assignment.

Weiss: *she is confused* What does history have to do with this?

Oobleck: My, what a preposterous question you silly girl! Why history is the backbone of our very society. And the liver!  And probably the kidneys if I were to wager. 

Weiss: *still confused* And that means...?

Oobleck: The southeast quadrant outside of Vale is home to wild forests and deep caves. But, it is also the location to one of the kingdoms greatest failures.

Ruby: Mountain Glenn.

Yang: That's right, it was an expansion of Vale.

You: That was then overrun by Grimm and fenced off from the city.

Oobleck: Correct! And now it stands abandoned, as a dark reminder.

Blake: And a likely place for a hideout.

Oobleck: *he adjusts his glasses* Precisely.

You and your team arrive at Mountain Glenn and jump off the airship. 

Oobleck: Children, you still may be students, but as of this moment your first mission as huntsman and huntresses has begun. From this point forward, you need to do exactly as I say. Do you understand?

You and your team nod before Doctor Oobleck turns his attention to Ruby.

Oobleck: Ruby! I thought I told you to leave all your bags back at school. 

Ruby: But, uh you hadn't told us to listen to you yet...so I didn't.

Oobleck: *he places his hand on his chin then looks away* She's not wrong.

You: Seriously?

Oobleck: *he puts his hand down and looks at Ruby again* Very well Ruby leave your bag here we can pick it up upon our return.

Ruby: But I-whaa 

Oobleck: Young lady what in the world could you possibly have in that bag that could be so important for you to bring it-

Zwei then comes out of Ruby's bag. You, Blake, Weiss, and Yang look at Ruby who then looks back and whispers to Zwei. Zwei then barks.

Oobleck: We're here to investigate an abandoned urban jungle teeming with death and hostility, and you brought, a dog? 

Ruby: *she sounds scared* I-uhh...!

Oobleck: *he is excited* Genius!