Expedition Arc Chapter 38: An Unexpected Altercation

After discussing and planning Jaune's plan, you all go to your positions they day after to execute the plan. Everyone, except for Weiss, Terra, Saphron, Maria, and Adrian, go to the cliff where you all will be picked up once you have possession of the airship. You and everyone were talking, waiting for Weiss to let you all know that she was arriving at the military base. 

You: You sure you can handle this, Blake. 

Blake: Of course, I did it before.

You: I'm just a bit worried is all. 

Blake: Don't worry, nothing bad is going to happen.

You then take a deep breath and nod, smiling at Blake. She then walks up to you and gives you a short, but soft kiss. You then gently hug her as everyone hears Weiss speaking through the earpieces that you all had got before getting into your positions. 

Weiss: "I'm approaching the base now."

Ruby: Alright everyone, let's get started. 

You: *you look at Blake then give her one more kiss before she leaves* Good luck, Blake. 

Blake: *she smiles at you* Thank you, Sunchock. 

Blake and Yang head to the radar and local communications tower to turn the radar off. Weiss goes to the base with Saphron and Adrian to steal an airship. Saphron and Adrian are there as a distraction while Weiss pulls Maria, who is in her suitcase, into the airship to take it. You and everyone else are on the edge of a cliff, waiting for Weiss to be out of range. 

Ruby: Alright guys, this is it. *she talks through her ear piece* Blake you're up.

A few seconds pass, and no one hears a response from Blake. You turn around and speak into your earpiece.

You: Blake...Blake, are you there?

Ruby: *she then talks to Yang* Yang, what's going on? 

You all hear Yang in your earpieces.

Yang: "I don't know."

You: I'm going after Blake. 

Ruby: Wait, no. You need to stay here with us.

You: I'm not letting anything happen to Blake.

You then hear Yang speak into your earpiece.

Yang: "Nothing will happen to her, just stay with everyone else in case they start attacking you all. I'll bring Blake back so we can head to Atlas, I promise."

You look into the forest with a very worried expression. You feel like running over to the tower until Ruby stops you by placing a hand on your shoulder. 

Ruby: She'll be okay.

You: *you take a deep breath and talk back to Yang through your earpiece* Please...don't let anything happen to her.

Yang: "I promise, nothing bad will happen to her."

You take another deep breath and look back at the others. Weiss then speaks through her earpiece to everyone.

Weiss: "Guys? She's not sending fighters."

You and the rest of the team look towards the direction of the military base. You see an airship fly in the distance, with a giant robot with an arm cannon in the water following them. Cordovin then speaks through a microphone that plays her voice through some speakers that are in the giant robot.