Expedition Arc Chapter 34: The Truth

After stopping the grimm from destroying the train or killing any of the passengers, you and your team, along with Oscar, Qrow, and an old lady, are now looking for your belongings in the snow. You and Blake gather everyone's bags and put them in a pile next to wear everyone else was. Yang was trying to get her bike out of the snow when she starts to talk to everyone. 

Yang: Great, this is just great. We're stranded. We've lost about a third of out party. And we have gained... a defenseless old lady!

Yang falls after getting her bike out of the snow, only for it to fall back into the snow. You go to help Yang with her bike when the old lady responds to what Yang said. You help her lift her bike out of the snow while listening to what the old lady is saying. 

Maria: My name is Maria Calavera, and I am not defenseless. I'm just a little hard of hearing... and blind without my eyes... that are in desperate need of repair. *she taps the side of her robotic like eyes* Okay, I'm starting to see your point. 

Qrow: Yang, knock it off will ya? If we lose our cool now we'll just be inviting more grimm. 

You and everyone else regroup with each other.

Blake: Does that even matter? Apparently we've been attracting grimm since we left Haven.

Yang: Oh, and how could I forget about that? *she turns to Oscar* What happened to no more lies and half-truths?

Oscar: Yeah, I think it's time we got an explanation. 

Oscars eyes glow to indicate that Ozpin was in control. 

Ozpin: I did not lie to you.

Weiss: Well you certainly didn't tell us everything about the relic.

Ozpin: Please, now is not the time. 

Yang: No, we're past that. I wanna know why you're still not telling us everything. 

Ozpin: It is true that the grimm are attracted to the relics. It's faint, but undeniable. I believe it has to do with their origin, but I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, I feared that making you all aware would only add anxiety and negativity. It seemed like the safer option. 

Weiss: You know, I'm getting real tired of people choosing what's best for me. 

Yang: Is that why you chose to lie to everyone about Lionheart too?

Ozpin: Yes, as a matter of fact, I believed the kingdom of Mistral deserved better than the truth. *he starts walking away and everyone else follows him to hear what he is saying* And I believed that Leonardo deserved to be remembered for his lifetime of service, and not the unfortunate missteps that he made in his final years. 

Yang: Missteps?!

Ozpin: What professor Lionheart did was reprehensible. I am not here to argue differently, but does one lapse in judgement truly negate all of his good? Do we all not have regrets? You may have met Professor Lionheart, but you never met the man he was before Salem found him. 

Yang: Look, we're supposed to be in this together. You can trust us. We're not gonna turn our backs on you. 

Ozpin: *he stops walking* Do you really think Leo was the first? That he didn't say those exact same words to me? I'm sorry but you have to understand that my behaviors are backed by experience. I'm not saying that I have reason to think you will betray me. I'm saying I have reasons for the things I do. The secrets I keep. The reason I... *he notices that he doesn't have the relic and looks around for it* Where's the relic?