SIX

I washed my hands, scrubbing off the imaginary dirt from how I was feeling on Hugo. Just the thought of a stranger made a twist in my stomach.

It takes work for me to get used to men touching me. The men in my team had to avoid physical contact before I could claim they weren't a threat. I had to build trust in myself than in them.

Now that I'm here in the restroom, it's time. I have to get rid of the guard to continue my search. I glance down at my watch with the red dot still blinking.

"It's below," I mumble. Is there another basement?

I was scanning around this large fancy marble restroom with bright ass lights. I find an air vent at the end of the aisle of bathroom stalls.

Crouching in front of it, I pull out my tools from my purse, and with a mini-screwdriver, I unscrew the nails. With the last screw, a loud bang made my head turn.

"Hey, are you done in there?" Robert yells on the other side of the door, making his voice bounce off the restroom walls.

Shit!

Putting my tool back in my purse and pretending to fiddle with it, he barges inside with his eyes narrowing.

"Sorry, Darlin," I flash him a fake apologetic look. "My lipstick is missing, and I can't find it."

Robert leers from the left and then right. He was checking to make sure there was no one else but me. "Let's go, can't wait any longer. You did your business, and I don't want to get in trouble."

I pout. "Oh, your such a party pooper. Alright, fine." When he sends me a glare.

He turns his back to me, carefully reaches for my other lipstick, and presses the button as it turns into a small needle.

"Oh," I falsely faint and use the sink as leverage.

"What now?" Robert says in concern but doesn't sound like he cares.

"I'm sorry," I have and reach to touch my head. "I feel a little lightheaded."

"Come on, lady," he groans and grabs my arm. "I don't want to get my ask kicked by my boss. If you don't go back, others will be suspicious -"

I cut him off, and with a swift move, I stabbed the needle into his neck.

He chokes and gags, trying to speak. He collapses to the marble floor of the restroom. Robert's face reddened, and the veins on his neck and eyes popped out. With one hand, he tries to reach his weak state. He opens his mouth like a fish trying to say something, but nothing. After a minute of suffering from the poison, he finally drops. White foam slipped through his mouth.

"Ghost," I call out through our communication in a small voice.

"Yeah?"

"Took out the guard," I say, lifting the bastard and dragging him to an empty stall. I huff out of breathing. Man, this fucker is heavy.

"Well, what's next?" he asks. "They are now moving on the boys."

I hear the dark tone in his voice through the device. He is itching to get into action. But he knows that I'm his superior, and he needs to obey me.

But I wouldn't let him wait.

"Is there any way you can save the children before they are taken to their buyers?" I ask.

"Oh, so you want a distraction?"

"No, it will alert the executives," I tell him as I walk toward the air vent and pull it open. "Get Gunner to bring in a bus."