TEN

I stand in front of the room where Persephone is sleeping deeply.

After our lunch meal, the three of us, Seth, Persephone, and I talked; we had Sebastian, one of the butlers, bring us some of the board games, and because Persephone was unfamiliar with them, she became a pro. She even beat Seth in his favorite board game - Monopoly.

Persephone became so rich she made Seth lose lots of play money. He even whines and cries like a baby. He was sitting in the corner, feeling ashamed. We just laughed at him, which made him look at us with a glare on his defeated face, and we laughed even more challenging than our stomachs hurt.

After a two-hour Monopoly game, Seth wants to regain his title but can't beat a thirteen-year-old girl.

I watched how Persephone got used to us being around during that time. Before I met her, she was a scared child eager to escape hell. It didn't take long for her to trust me, but she did because I promised her I would. While she and Seth were getting closer, I took strains of Persephone's hair from the bathroom to give to Hector; our CSU Tech hopes to find her mother with the DNA provided. Kendall bought her all-female essentials and new clothes that she needed. After she had taken a shower and while being distracted by beating Seth, I took the opportunity to take a sample; I will have the results in a day or two.

I close the door and turn around, almost stumbling back.

"Seth? I thought you left." I question him as I turn to head towards my room.

Seth had told us that he had to head home because his brother, Logan, almost got arrested for fighting at a bowling alley. It seems some guy was hitting on Effie, but he freaked out once the man saw her swollen belly. Then, seeing how the hormones kicked in because of the pregnancy, she cried, and Logan, the protective boyfriend, hit the guy and almost killed him for making fun of his girl.

"Logan is okay," he shrugs. "Effie explains to the cops she was having pregnancy hormones and thought the guy called her fat. I mean, it's not hard to miss."

I opened my room door. "Well, at least she's okay and the baby."

"Oh! Guess what?" He says enthusiastically, and I can't help but smile as I let out a winch to my side and pull out a shirt from my dresser.

"What?"

"Effie is having not one baby but two." Seth pulls a wide grin. "She's having twins."

I turn with wide eyes and gasp with surprise. "Wow! Twins," I exhale and lean against my dresser, only to hiss at my side where it hit. "I can't believe she's having twins."

"Not only that," Seth sat on the loveseat couch, making himself comfortable. "She's having a boy and a girl. Effie went to check up yesterday, and she is carrying two babies. Logan is very excited that at least Zara won't be the only girl in the family."

"Yeah, Zara will have little siblings," I have sometimes wished for the thought of having siblings. I can look out for someone, or they can look out for me like Effie has with Thea and Ares. And Seth and his brothers.

I felt eyes on me as I saw Seth staring at me. My heart hammered, and my face felt warm. I touch my face to feel the heat.

I clear my throat and continue to touch my face. "What?" I ask him. "Is there something on my face?" Besides my heated red face.

Seth rises from the couch and starts to walk toward me. Unsure what he would do, he stopped in front of me. I lean back as he dips his head down to look at me closer.

"Seth," I let out a warning and used my hand to push him back. I hope he didn't hear my heart beating so loud.

He sticks his hand up and then flinches, remembering where I hit him when he came close to my face. He put his hands between his crotch. "Sorry, but-"