THIRTY-THREE

Documents and confidential information appear on the widescreen as I carefully look at each one, all about Eva and the Order. On the top right corner are mugshots of the executives and Eva; Sully and Paola have been marked as deceased in big red letters.

Only two executives are left until we reach the top of the food chain.

I hear the sounds of machines as I look over at Kendall's side; sparks of blue light appear on or off as she works on another one of her crazy gadgets. I went through my head, figuring out the purpose of the island Eva purchased. She calls it Paradise Island, a small island off the coast of the Caribbean. Our air support captured the island unseen, and it only captured a small hut and no visual of Hugo or Eva.

"What the hell is on that island?" I mumbled. I rub my head before my brain can be fried from all this thinking.

The elevator ding and I turn my head as Gunnar steps out, pissed.

I pinch my lips.

He glared at me. "Don't. Even."

I hold my hand up. "I'm not doing anything," I close my lips again, keeping the sound of my laugh out and making him feel uncomfortable.

"Oh my god! Hunny Bunny," Kendall pauses her work and rushes towards her husband. "What the hell happened?"

"Fucking chickens is what happened," he groans and spits a piece of chicken feather from his mouth.

"You are covered in feathers and cuts. Come, let's get you cleaned up," Kendall said. She helped remove her husband's features and took him to a chair to clean the wound.

I cross my arms, watching Kendall take care of her husband. It had me picture myself with Seth, coming home with all bruises and cuts, and my husband taking care of me - worried. Although the situation is reversed, I don't mind.

"Ken, she's scaring me."

I blink away from my mind. Kendall smirked, and Gunnar looked at me like I had two heads.

"Don't mind her, Hunny Bun," Kendall poked a piece of cotton soaked in alcohol and dabbed one of Gunnar's wounds, making him hiss. "She's probably thinking about her man."

Gunnar's eyes glance at his wife. "So, they made up?"

"Of course."

"I thought he would be a pussy and ow-ow-OW!" Gunnar let out a painful baby cry and jerked his head towards me. "Ow!"

I grabbed the tweezer with the cotton and dabbed it roughly onto Gunnar's wound. "How about we go to the training grounds?"

Gunnar swallowed hard and shook his head frantically. "No, I'm...I'm good."

I flash a toothy smile. Gunnar knew that was a warning and instantly backed down.

"Cap, don't bully him," Kendall kisses Gunnar on the top of his head. "Can't you see that he's hurt?"

"I can see that," I say, giving him a stern look before asking about his task. "How about Anderson? Why are you in this state?"

Gunnar let out a hiss again as his wife blew on the wound, cooing at him.

"Anderson was a tough deal. The fucker was hard as a rock. He told me to have a cockfight with him and tell me where Hugo and Eva were. I didn't have one, so I borrowed one." He hisses, but the stinging pain starts to wear down. "Of course, it's Anderson, and he's one big cheating ass son of a bitch. The bird he had was drugged. The same they use one Myles."

At the same time, Kendall and I looked at each other. "Then what happened?"

"Of course, that bird went crazy as hell. It killed my bird instantly. It went out of control and attacked me, which is why I'm covered in feathers and scratches, making me look like fucking Foghorn Leghorn. Plus, I almost got punched like a fucking sandbag. " He grunts. Kendall then starts to put thin bandage straps and tap on each scratch. "He heard what happened to Sully, calling him a big pussy and getting killed by you. But it seems that bastard was waiting to die."