ELEVEN

"Stop slouching over there. The vibe in this room is feeling uncomfortable because of one person pouting, Seth." I say through the tall mirror as I finish fixing my tie.

Seth wasn't too happy I'd be leaving the state - again. After a few days of bed rest, I can finally continue my mission. He has been begging me not to go. After the talk about my job being too dangerous and risking my life. What can I do?

The Order is still active, making children's lives miserable. Eve and her minions walk around the world as if they own it.

I can't let the Order sully the world with their manipulation and belief.

"Seth, I don't like this attitude of yours." I was getting antsy. "Look at Persephone; she looks calm and not even complaining."

I look at the child on my bed with an iPad in her lap and an Apple Pen that I had Kendall ordered for me. She is doing whatever on her new device and not paying attention to the adults in the room. I perk up a smile and glade Persephone acts like the teenager she's supposed to be.

I was afraid that Persephone's mind was still locked in the Order. That fragile child wanted to be free in search of her mother. I'm still waiting for the results from Hector. My patients aren't limited, but I am keeping this child here with me, especially now that Eva has been informed her 'special' child is gone. She will do anything to get her back. I can't put Persephone at risk. Although this mansion is the safest place and the people working here are trained professionals and can protect her, in my gut, I feel uneasy leaving her.

Eva is a cunning woman and can find a way to see you.

"I'm not complaining, Terry," Seth begins to protest. "I just...how long will you be gone?"

I turn to face him and Persephone. "This job was supposed to take at least months. It was cut short because I took Persephone back to LA and got shot. So, now that I'm healed, I have unfinished business to attend to."

"You are going with those two goons outside, are you?" Seth's smiles fade, and he thumbs his finger at the door where Ghost and Gunner are waiting for me.

I sigh and shake my head.

He is still not used to those two whenever they are around, especially when close to me. I explained to Seth that Gunnar and Myles are like my brothers, and we've been through harsh climates and been chased by angry neo-Nazis.

"Gunner is our armory tech, and Ghost is a master of disguise. Of course, they are tagging along. I'm their leader." I explain to him.

"Why can't I come?"

I groan.

Not this again.

"Seth, for the last time, no," I warn him with a glare. "Also, are you supposed to go back home?"

I didn't want to sound agitated toward Seth. He stayed as I healed my gun wound and bonded with Persephone. Sebastian had him stay in one of the guest rooms because Odin permitted it. I don't mind him being around, but I'm still not finished with my mission.

"My brothers know I can care for myself and allow me to stay as long as I want." It's more like he begged. "Besides, I'm worried."

As soon as his voice dropped, I couldn't help but look into those sad blue puppy eyes on his. He still worries about me getting more than a gun wound to the side. The doctor told me that Seth had never left my side when I fell unconscious. During that time, I always felt someone watching me in the dark, and because I was injured, I couldn't face the enemy until I learned it was Seth, who had always been by my side.

I don't know why he didn't tell me he had accompanied me, but I assumed he didn't want me to know.

I'm unsure of his actions, especially that night. Here is my room, where he hugged me surprisingly as I cried. Then, in the middle of the night, I woke up in shock that I had cried myself to sleep in the arms of none other than Seth. My back was against his chest, and his associates were around my waist. I was in a challenging situation because I was lying in bed with Seth, but I worried that he would touch me inappropriately somewhere. Luckily, I was wearing my bind, which hides my chest.