FORTY-FIVE

I arrived in front of his salon, where his apartment is on the top floor. I pressed the doorbell, and the door flung open. Pete surprised me with his presence, he had his expensive kimono bathrobe and his face plastered in a green facial mask. He taps his foot.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Mr. Terry Young," Pete squinted his face, his pissed-off face, after opening his apartment door. His eyes scan me up and down, then inhale sharply. "Still sexy as ever."

I clear my throat. "May I come in?"

He stares at me for a minute or two, having second thoughts. "You did say you have explaining to do, so come inside," he walks away from the door, allowing me to step in.

I sighed, and after I had closed my door, I looked around and saw that his apartment seemed normal and not in the ordinary except for all the colorful and furry furniture and artworks of naked people.

I exhale in relief yet a bit worried.

What is Kendall talking about? There is nothing creepy about his place.

"It's been two years since we last spoke, and you were coming here means business," Pete pours himself a glass of his favorite liquor and takes a sip as he sways his hips towards his couch. "Please sit."

I grab a seat across from him as he offers me a drink, but I decline it.

"So, Terry, before you get to the main topic of you being here, I want the disclosure of breaking my heart."

"Pete," I sigh. "You know I didn't mean to hurt your feelings like that, but..."

"But?" taking another sip off his glass and crossing his legs. His hairy leg was revealed.

"I had a good reason."

"Hmm..."

"And I don't know how to break it down for you, but I'm just going to say it," I licked my lips and stood up. "Pete, I'm sorry. I couldn't return your feelings. That day when I asked you to be my date was just that so I can finish my mission."

"What about that kiss?" He put his glass down and stood up, swaying his hip to the side and crossing his arms. "Did you not feel anything at all?"

"You are attractive and may find someone who feels the same, but I'm not that perfect someone for you."

"Is it because of how I dressed? or is it my height?" He states, then reaches over, grabbing my hand. "I know I look like a teenager, but I stopped growing at eighteen and stayed like this. I can look mature for you."

"Pete, none of that is why I don't find you attractive."

He grips my hand tight, and I can feel his fake nails piercing my skin, sobbing. "Then tell me! Terry, I love you. I never met anyone like you. I've been abandoned many times because of the way I am. My parents never acknowledged me. My family shuns me, except for my grandmother. But ever since she passed away, I've been alone." He then fiercely hug me. His arms wrapped around my waist. "Please don't leave. Please don't...."

I haven't forgotten that I removed the band that hides my breast. Ever since I got together with Seth, I decided to let these ladies finally be free.

Pete looks at my chest and pulls himself away, stepping back slowly. His eyes never left. "Terry...are you hiding something under your sweater?"

I wore one of Seth's hoodies before coming here, and I bit my lower lips. "No, I'm not."

He starts to chuckle as his tears ruin the eyeliner. "I felt something bouncy under there. So, if it's not two water balloons under there, you better tell me."