EIGHTEEN

This has been more awkward than before.

Two weeks have passed since I almost violated Seth because of the drug and killed those two Order lackeys. That night, I drove to the agency and the gym to blow off steam.

I knew my life as a hitman wouldn't be easy, especially for those who entered my life were important people.

I hear noise from the men as they gather, talking. I pull my sunglasses slightly down for my eyes to see as I glance at where Seth and the men are. I observe his naked chest as it flexes every time he moves. His bare chest was visible to my naked eyes, and I couldn't help but stare at them. He and his brothers probably worked together; otherwise, they wouldn't resemble Chip N' Dales from Las Vegas. All they are missing are the neck bow ties and speedos.

My whole body started to shake, and my breathing was panting; picking Seth with a bow tie and speedo and an oily body made me think dirty thoughts. Every inch of my body starts to heat up, not because of this warm weather and not because I'm wearing a white shirt and khaki shorts to a resort, but because looking at Seth with my lustful eyes is turning me on.

Fuck!

"Here you go, Terry," I look up through my sunglasses to spot Effie handing me a soda can. I reach and grab it, opening it as I quench my thirst. I let the flow of bubbly liquid run down my throat instantly. "Hey, slow down."

I finish the soda and release a relieving exhale now that my focus on Seth is gone.

"Sorry," I wipe my mouth. "I was kind of thirsty."

"Kind of?" she chuckles as she eyed the empty soda can. "Kind of doesn't describe your action just now."

"Where's Persephone?" I ask, changing the topic.

Effie nods her head in the direction of the pool. I turn my head to see the children playing in the pool. Leo and Chris are shooting water guns at each other. Sam, Clark, and Sam's new adopted sister, Sophia, help her by teaching her how to swim. Jordan and Ares are playing water basketball, and it seems she is beating his ass. Thea and Lily are with their sons in a floating that keeps them off the water, and then I see Persephone pushing Zara on her little pink unicorn floating as she giggles and splashes. The children enjoy themselves in Trident Resort next to Venice Beach, owned by Odin King—a little one-week vacation for his family and friends.

Trident Resort is a newly built hotel that isn't open to the public until next week, but Odin allowed us to spend our vacation in the luxury experience. It was meant for his grandkids and great-grandkids to relax unexpectedly. Effie invited her friends, and that included me as well.

I refused at first because of what happened, but Effie's persuasion charm didn't affect me. But she reminds me of Odin, who constantly pressures me to take a step I'm afraid would affect me.

I've taken dozens of steps, and each one almost cost me my life, and each one gets more complicated and scarier than the others. But the most recent action that made me cautious and detouring is my feelings for Seth.

Looking away from the pool area, I glance back at Seth. He seems to be laughing and chatting with his brothers. I never let my eyes wander off him when suddenly, a female employee of the hotel who works in the pool area approaches him and his brothers. My mind just went on edge.

"Her again," Claire spoke sternly as Thea and Lily, their sons, were beside her. Three of them have dagger eyes on the female worker, giving her a dirty look.

"What do you mean here again?" I ask, puzzled.

"Yesterday, while we were checking in, she walked up to Rex and asked right in front of me if he wants something from the bar," Thea snarls. "Gave my hubby a free drink and not me."