TWENTY-EIGHT

The funeral for Ghost feels slow. I stand over his tombstone and build up the guilt inside.

Ghost was supposed to take my lead to destroy the secret bases of the Order, but the mole sent by them betrayed him.

I let the rain pour down on me as I stare at his name and the titles he's been given: a comrade, a friend, a brother, a Dagger. His grave is in a private field owned by Odin for those who have fallen. I closed my eyes and wished to return to time and save him and Poppy.

The rain stops drenching me, and I see a concerned Seth. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close. My head rests on his chest as my emotions bundle up inside me. I let out a sob.

Seth gave me time to let myself out before we headed home. After Seth and the others found me with Persephone in my arms, we settled ourselves at Odin's mansion in Los Angeles. As the days pass, I lie on my bed, spacing out. I still feel the guilt of losing Myles. I resent myself that his death is my fault. I clenched my knotted heart and silently cried until I fell asleep.

After an hour of crying to myself, I walk out of my room and hear voices downstairs. I entered the living room, where everyone was sitting around. They all looked up at me, and the first one to stand was Seth.

"Hey," he whispers, taking my hands. "How are you feeling?"

I smile wryly at him. "I'm okay. A nap like that is just what I needed."

"Mom!" Persephone charges at me and wraps around my waist. I smile down at her and brush her hair back. "Your eyes are red."

I chuckle and plant a kiss on her head. "I'm okay now."

She buries her face against me as I hug her.

We all talked, and I told the gang about my life with the Order for a while. It was nerve-wracking, but I'm assertive with Seth and my daughter by my side. I start from the beginning to the end, including being pregnant at thirteen. I can see every one of my friends' expressions. They weren't disgusted; they were sad and angry that I had suffered in that place. Effie and Thea were battle-cry, wanting to barge into the Order and beat up everyone. Everyone huddles up to plan a raid on the Order and tell them not to mess with Persephone or me. They will protect her with their life. I wanted to say they shouldn't, but I couldn't help but smile and let them do what they wanted.

I have such great friends.

I feel a hand over mine as I look up at Seth's smiling face. I pull my smile wide and lay my head on his shoulder. Persephone was giggling on the other side, and my heart mended.

"Well, isn't this a beautiful moment?" I lift my head to find Kendall and Gunner. "Hey, everyone. Hi, Cap."

"What are you doing here? Odin told me you and Gunner went off somewhere."

Kendall and Gunner left during the funeral after staying for a while to say goodbye to Ghost. So I asked Odin, and he told me they went on a secret mission. I wanted to ask what the mission was, but I was too depressed.

"Yes, I did, and I got a present for you. Think of it as one early wedding gift."

"Kendall!" I blush and duck my head away to hide my heated face. I hear chuckles and giggles.

"Joking," she pulls up a sneer, looking at Seth and me. "No, but seriously, I want a wedding between you two."

"Don't worry, Kendall," Seth pulls me closer as my heart beats faster. I can hear his own heart because it's in sync with mine. "A wedding will happen after she violated me first. She needs to take responsibility for my purity."

Oh god!

I can't believe he brought up when I was drugged and not intentionally violated on the kitchen floor. He didn't even push me away. I could have sworn under his pants was throbbing. He got excited, and I'm sure of that. And he's saying I violated him?