TWENTY-THREE

"Sully Vonner! Get your fucking ass out here now!" I scream at the top of my lungs as it waves my anger and rage. I'm itching to cut the fucker in half and his men.

The first door that opens, Sully steps out from the room on the second floor. He approaches and stops in front of the rail.

"I guess five men can't take down a simple man," he seems disappointed as he yells at his men. "Are you all fucking weak?!"

"Where is Persephone?" I ask, growling from the pent-up rage inside.

"Don't worry, and she's asleep in the room."

I clench my fist. "If you touch her, I will cut both of your hands off."

Sully leans against the rail, flashing a smirk as if the threat doesn't intimate him.

"I can see why you're called Odin's Shadow because you are nothing but a shadow for a man who can turn the world upside down." He starts to say. "You are doing the dirty work for the old bastard."

"Don't talk about Odin like that! He isn't like you, a sick fucker who sodomizes younger boys for pleasure. Tell me, you've never been with a real man before. Is it because no one wants to see that small baby dick of yours sticking up in their asses."

Sully flinched as his glare hardened.

I scoff. "Oops, did I hit a nerve?"

He wanted so badly to come down for them and take me on, but instead, he took a deep breath and let it go.

"You got spunk, and I give you that," he brushed his hair back and chuckled. "You are lucky; I'm in a good mood right now before I start with the fun part."

I just instigated him but instead made him happy.

What is he thinking?

That is when I hear the sounds of rusty metal behind me. One of his men closed the gates and locked them when I looked over my shoulders. He stood there with arms crossed and guarding the only exit.

So, Sully is in a good mood because, besides beautiful things, he enjoys watching a bloodbath.

This fucker wants me to fight with his men to death.

"You fell into my trap, Shadow," Sully announces as men appear from the motel rooms. "Now, I would like to see if you want to play a little game."

More than twenty men are surrounding me. I eye each one. Their looks and stances show how much they mean business. They are eager to take me down, but I will not be intimidated because it's mine against them.

"What? Scared?" Sully chuckles, taunting me.

"Scared? Me?" I stretch out my arms and legs as a warm-up. "These pussies are nothing but pawns to your little game."

"You got balls," he smirked. "But you won't be fighting these men. They are just here for the show."

I frown and am confused. "What do you mean?"

Sully snaps his fingers, and a door busts open to my left. I see one of Sully's men holding a chain, and behind him is a man in a straight jacket, like a prisoner.

His height and appearance, without lifting his head, seem familiar.

"Don't recognize him, Shadow?"

Sully's man shoved the prisoner to the floor. He groans and grunts. When he turned his head, my heart dropped to the ground, my breathing started to panic, and my blood began to boil.

"Myles?" I crouch and reach for him. "What the hell happened to you? I thought you were."

"Cap...leave...now!" His voice choked, and his breathing was faint. He coughs as he heaves. I look at how bad his conditions are.