FIFTY

The windows shattered as we entered the penthouse. I fell off from Little Gunnar, pulled my gun from my holster, and aimed at Eva, who was the only one not bothered by our sudden entrance. The mayor, his two guards, and Pete hide from the impact.

"Get up," I grit through my teeth. Eva did not listen or move but simply took a sip of her cup of water. Not even caring, I charge toward her and grab her by the color of her red jacket with a gun to her head, "Are you deaf? I said get up." I snarl and shove her,

"Who are you?" the mayor, Jimmy Murphy called outs as he emerged from the couch. "What is the meaning of this?"

Unaware of what Eva had planned, he wasn't expecting her visit.

"My name is Sparrow, Mayor Murphy. I work for The Daggers under the leader and owner, Odin King. I can explain later and have the window fixed but stay away from this woman," I say, pointing the gun at her head.

"What are you talking about?" He paused and looked at me. He seemed perplexed. "Your Sparrow? Do you know she told me about the terrorist attack, and you are the one calling the shots? Why are you doing this? Is it money? I don't have a large amount, but I can wire some for you."

I guess she had already made her move. I peer at Pete, hiding behind Eva, as he nods his head lightly.

"I don't want your money," I have millions of dollars in my secret account from my remote jobs. I never used any of the money because there was no point, but once Poppy came back into my life, I'm planning to give her half of my share.

"Mayor Murphy, I've been framed," I tell him. Eva stays calm. "I got nothing to do with the terrorist attack, and this woman is just putting lies into your head. Do you know who this woman is?"

"Of course I do. This is Eva Wilkins, an enthusiast and savior of all orphanage children. She has done a great deed of rescuing lost and abandoned children when no one can."

Savior? More like Killer.

I can not believe this young mayor, who only took office three years ago at twenty-three, is taking in all that he sees in a person. I guess I have no choice but to pull up the trump cards.

With one gun in hand, with my free hand pull out my phone, and once I set it on the app, I extend my hand to him. "Tell me, is this your savior?"

Mayor Murphy takes the phone and starts to swipe the screen. I watch his eyes slowly grow wide that I can practically see the white area.

"This woman, your savior, has other aliases; Madam Red and Mother Eva. This woman is the leader of a secret cult known as The Order." I explained.

"She is no mother nor savior for those children. She kidnaps them and has their place by gender. Girls use for breeding, and boys are workers. Once the girls reach thirteen, they will be sedated and raped by the men who follow them because it is God's will. After the child has given birth, she will handpick the babies to be sold off on the black market or stay to have their minds corrupted to become mindless followers. Does that sound like a savior to you?" I glared down at Eva, who was sitting the whole time silently. I immediately revealed her true self. "This woman is no mother to those who already have a family, a family who has been looking for them all these years. Do you know how many children had suffered because of her?"

My inner anger toward the woman who had tortured a year of my life has started to emerge. My finger is at the trigger of my finger, and with one pull, I can blow this bitch's head off, and all of this can be over. But I held myself in because I wanted the whole world; the children who had survived or weren't aware of her could exist as this is a warning. I feel my entire body growing hot, and my mind is full of killing this woman—many ways of torturing her even though she's my biological mother. I never acknowledged her from the start, and once I knew Eva was my mother, I hated her even more.