EIGHT

"Are you just going to sit there and sulk all day?" I say to the oversized kid sitting across the room, glaring at me, and I can't help but laugh in my head.

Since we arrived in Los Angeles, staying in one of Odin's summer homes, I had to put an innocent act in front of Seth. I had to change from the bloody dress I had worn, remove all my makeup, and it's right back to an XL T-shirt and sweats.

Persephone looked at me oddly when she first witnessed me binding my chest. I had to inform her it's part of a persona of mine, and it needs to be kept a secret.

The following day, after one of Odin's family doctors came to check on me, I read through the reports from Kendall. Seth came busting in like there was a fire, and he gave one look at me, and all hell went loose.

He kept wailing and screaming about how stupid and reckless I was to go on a mission alone. Of course, it was my duty, and I also had some teammates with me. Seth had taken his eyes off me and glared at Ghost and Gunner. They are equal in size, but with Seth's personality, I don't think he has the heart to take on two trained men. He told me before he's a lover, not a fighter. But the way he gives off that malicious vibes towards the boys, I really shouldn't judge him.

After two hours of Seth's outburst, he sits on the chair in my room, sulking. I had to hide my laughter just by looking at his behavior. He's like a child, and I find it...cute.

Cute? Seth?

Children are cute. Babies are cute. Hell, every small animal, when they are babies, is adorable. But my thinking that Seth is attractive is...awkward.

I move my eyes on Seth. Yeah, he's cute. He got that pretty boy look with short hair tied in a ponytail. But his upper body part isn't just attractive, more like his sun-kissed skin, sexy, hot makes my hands want to roam and admire it. I lower my eyes to his lower body. I see a bulge in his pants. I blush, looking away.

Yeah, that's not cute. That is all man down there.

I exhale and clear my throat, trying to get Seth's attention. His head looks the other way, his arms crossed over his chest, and then he puts a leg over the other.

"Seth," I call out his name. He didn't budge his eyes to look my way. I wince, feeling that sting. I reach over the table next to my bed. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Seth moving after seeing me in pain. He wanted to help me but stayed still, continuing to be angry. I sigh, pop a painkiller into my mouth, and drown it with water.

"Seth."

His chest rises and falls, indicating that he is ignoring me and not hearing me call out his name.

I rub my face and let another exhale.

God damn it, it's like arguing with a five-year-old.

They are more like a married couple, which makes me the reckless husband and Seth the angry wife.

Marriage?

I scoff at the word.

Would any guy marry someone who kills for a living? Who murdered her child?

The image of my baby girl in my head gives me pain in my chest. I shake the memories off immediately.

"Look, Seth, I'm sorry," I tell him, although why should I apologize for something I didn't do? "You know I had a job to do. I already told you back in Barcelona. My job's a dangerous job."

He knew I was on a mission. He knew what kind of job I did and who my boss was. So why is he acting like I'm the guilty one here?

"Are you just going to ignore me?" I whined when he didn't answer.