TWENTY-SIX

I open my eyes, and the first thing I see is the ceiling. I gave a few blinks before my vision was clear. The room seems dark but not pitch black like in my dream. Waking up feels as if I went into a deep sleep. My whole body felt sore, and I couldn't move my body. I move my legs a bit, realizing they are not covered. I'm not wearing anything underneath except this long, oversized T-shirt. The movement had me stir, knowing that I was not alone. Someone next to me then moves the bed as an arm hugs my waist, a man's arm.

I was about to move, but a soft snore was heard next to me. I wasn't sure where I was, but I remembered rescuing Persephone from Sully and passing out in Seth's arms. So, where am I?

Panic rose, and my sense kicked in that I was possibly in a dangerous place. And the first thing to do is get ready to grab this asshole and interrogate him.

I pushed his arm away, straddled him, and held my fist in the air but froze.

"Seth?"

"Am I going to wake up like this forever?" he says. It sounds more seductive than a tease.

I blush and put my fist down. "I almost hit you, and you're going to joke something like this. You do know I'm a light sleeper. I have to prepare for a sneak attack, and you're lucky I don't have a weapon under a pillow, or else you would have-"

Seth intervenes by pulling me down to his chest. My headrest is on his chest as I listen to his beating heart. This feeling seems the same as in my dream.

"I'm so glad you're okay," he whispers, his arms wrapping around me tightly. "I thought I was going to lose you."

"Seth," I can hear the distraught in his voice. His worries once he found Persephone and me at the motel. I saw how desperate he was when he found us.

I lift myself, still straddling around his waist. I know it's an awkward position, but now it's not the time to think dirty thoughts.

"Seth, before I pass out," I lick my dry lips. "I was going to tell you something but didn't get the chance. So...um..., Seth, I'm...oh boy. This is hard."

I couldn't let it out. I can't tell him I'm a woman. I'm just worried that he isn't what he's expecting. Is he really into men? He wouldn't be here in bed with me unless it's a friendship thing - comfort if he is interested.

Apart from wanting to be happy for him, the other part is that I've already fallen for him and don't want to let him go.

No, I can't be selfish. I have to be happy for him; the only way is to tell him the truth so I know how to deal with the aftermath.

"Seth," I have his attention. I could see a hint of his blue eyes shining by the small lamp next to the bed. "I'm a woman."

His eyes study me intensely. Silent fell after I confessed to him. I don't like this feeling - the waiting game. You may never know what's going to happen. You sit back and wait until something breaks the silence.

I can't take it anymore. "It must have been a surprise for you. I would never have expected someone like me to pretend to be a man. I have a reason, but that's another story to tell." I wasn't sure if I was ready to tell him. His silence is killing me. "I guess you don't want me on you like this. I'll let myself off."

I started to get off him to avoid this awkwardness but was pulled down once more until my face was close to Seth's. My heart was thumping fast. And as I tried to push myself off him, Seth had our self reverse. Now I'm lying on the bed, and he's on top of me. He brings his face down, leaving a slight gap between us. His closeness makes my heart go crazy like fireworks as his breath brushes my lips. I open my mouth to say something, but Seth breaks the space between us, his lips pressing with mine in a tender, fiery kiss.