SIXTEEN

It was easy to look for those two lackeys. After Kendall pinned me on the location, everyone in the house was asleep. I ensured Persephone had fallen asleep before driving to the bar nearby.

I pretend to grab a midnight drink when I spot the two Order lackeys laughing and making out at the corner with women on their laps.

I wanted to puke, but I had to be sure they were drunk before I got the chance to grab them. I made eye contact with the women on their laps. They nod their heads as I mimic in response. Although it disgusts me that they are with some random women, these women aren't ordinary people.

Odin owns The Daggers, a group of secret agents that my team and I belong to, along with others. We are different from other agents because Odin himself chooses us.

We are trained harsher and more fiercely because we are licensed to kill on contact without anyone realizing we exist.

Sasha and Teagan are part of the Daggers, and I had asked them for this favor to get the Order men lackeys drunk.

If the Order has eyes and ears worldwide, then we Daggers are ghosts to them.

"Another glass?"

I look up at Mario, aka Snake, the owner of the bar and an old friend of Odin. A retired Navy Seal and Daggers, he opened this bar not just to relax and enjoy his retirement but to hear and see everything. He's like our hidden card when it comes to intel.

"Got the room ready?" I ask, taking a sip of my Shirley Temple, an ordinary customer just wanting to drink around this time of night.

I saw most of our people in regular clothes acting as they should be to believe this is just a standard bar.

"It's ready for you once Sasha and Teagan get those bastards drunk." I can hear the stern tone in his words. Like me, he's one of the people who hate the Order.

When Snake was a Dagger, he had a family: a wife and a daughter. I've seen a picture of them when Snake talks about them. They were beautiful and so in love and happy. He had kept them under the radar from his work and if involved with the Order. But they were found out, his wife was killed and his daughter taken. Snake was the leader of the unit where I was assigned. Me and two other members joined him on a rescue mission. It was too late when we arrived where some children were kept. Five children were dead, and among them was his daughter. She was just thirteen years old when the Order took her life. It seemed she did not obey them because she was a 'problem child' who couldn't listen to her elders and must be punished. That means death.

On her fifth birthday at Disneyland, she only held on to a photo of three of them. The Order doesn't regard children as human beings but as objects, tools to use and use every day until they can no longer do their job.

I remember that day, and I was sixteen; Snake did not say a word or move. He sat down at the photo, wrinkled with his daughter's blood. But on his face, his eyes were bloodshot. He went berserk on the Order men. He left no one alive. After that, we later learned his daughter was pregnant, and the medical examiner, Dr. Warren, confirmed the pregnancy and her death of suicide.

Since his daughter's death and his mental breakdown, Odin had no reason to refuse after his breakdown. He departed because he failed to protect his family and little girl.

I looked over my shoulder, seeing how the girls gave them more alcohol to induce their high tolerance to alcohol. It's time to start the interrogation.

"Once they are out of the woods, bring them," I say to Snake as he gives me a nod.

"Come on, one more drink. For me?" Sasha cooed at Frankie, who felt his hand on her bare legs. She and Teagan are enduring the touches, but that is what they are trained to do. They have to lower themselves to keep their targets in check.