Chapter - 05

Braelyn's POV

" I. Don't. Love. You. Evan. Lewis." I looked straight into his eyes and spoke.
" Why?" He whispered faintly.
"  I found someone else."

I sat up gasping for air, the words ringing in my ears. I put my hands to cover my ears and shook my head to push away those voices.

"I. Don't. Love. You."
" I found someone else."
" Why?"
" I. Don't. Love. You. Evan. Lewis."
" I found someone else."
" Why?"
" I found someone else."

The voice kept echoing.
The lights in the room lit up before I felt Bri hugging me.

" Breath Sis, breath. It's okay. Everything's fine. " I hugged her back seeking comfort from the embrace .

" It's not fine. Nothing is fine. I hurt him so bad Bri . I still hear our voices. Bri I can't I-" I cut myself off to breath. I felt suffocated with the memories in my mind, the voices in my head. I wanted to erase them all, wipe them off, but I couldn't.

"Ssh Brae , relax." She rubbed my back, calming me down. After a few minutes I pulled back and wiped the tears with the back of my hands.

" Now tell me what happened? Why this dream suddenly? It has been years since you last dreamt about it? " She was drawing soothing circles on my back with her fingers

" Evan. He called me in his office a-and-" my voice cracked. She squeezed my shoulders to provide some kind of comfort.

" He asked me if I-I have found s-someone even r-richer and left my b-boyfriend again. He even asked that if-if I know that Evan is now one of the r-richest men on Earth, would I run back to him and fake m-my love for h-him." I broke down into sobs.

" Oh Brae!" She again took me in a hug.

" W-When he was speak-king , the hurt , the b-betrayal shone in his eyes. He hasn't forgotten anything, Bri. He spat each word with so much d-disgust like he was pained at the s-sight of me." I tightened my arms around her , trying to relieve a bit of the pain that was consuming me from inside and I don't know when I fell asleep like that in her arms , crying my heart out.

………….

I hurried up the stairs to make his coffee. Having prepared his coffee, I walked up to his cabin and knocked.

" Come in." Pushing open the door, I walked in. Evan was sitting in his chair with his chin resting on his intertwined hands. He was watching over my movements like a hawk. I put the coffee down on his desk.

He took a sip of the coffee , keeping his gaze fixed on me all the while. Clicking his tongue in annoyance he put the cup down.

" This is the worst coffee i've ever tasted. Make it again." I flinched at his tone. Taking the cup in my hand , I rushed out to make a new cup. He again sent me back saying that the coffee was cold. By the time I arrived at his door, I was completely tired. I avoided using elevators at any cost as I was a bit claustrophobic and using the stairs to reach the fifth floor and down a couple of times had me worn out at the very beginning of the day.

" I don't want it anymore." I looked at his face in disbelief. My feet were literally paining and he didn't want the coffee! I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

" Would it be all , Mr. Lewis?" I kept my tone professional.

" Yes, leave." He went back to looking at the laptop screen.

After disposing off the cup , I was about to go to my cabin when I met Austin and Cora.

" What's up Brae , you already look tired?"