Chapter - 06

Evan's POV

Somewhere, I felt a bit bad for treating her like that. I knew she felt humiliated as it was a blow to her self respect but I couldn't control my temper around her. Whenever she is in sight, I remember everything she did to me.

"Does he consider you more important than himself? What does he have to give you that I don't?"

" Money."

" What ?"

" Money Evan. Your business is in a poor condition and as bad it may sound, it is going to go further down at this rate. Money is important for a secured life and I want to live a peaceful, secured life Evan, one that he would be able to provide. I can't spend my days in uncertainty."

I fisted my hands and took deep breaths to control the anger rising in me.

I will make you pay Braelyn Taylor.

……………

I was about to enter her cabin when I heard her speaking over the phone.

" I know, don't worry Bri." I instantly remembered Brielle, Brae's sister. According to my calculations she most probably was in her college.

".... yeah, I am looking for a job elsewhere." I raised my eyebrows at that. Poor soul , she thought she could resign and get a job somewhere else? Uh huh.

" I am sure I will find something, Bri." I didn't wait for her to finish the conversation as I barged in without knocking.

" Are you sure Ms. Taylor?" She looked startled by my sudden interruption. She kept her phone down before looking at me.

" Mr. Lewis, you should have knocked on the door." I raised a brow at her to which she huffed and looked away.

" So Ms. Taylor, as I was asking, are you sure you are going to get a job somewhere else?" Her forehead creased in confusion.

" What do you mean ?"

" You can't leave this job." She looked pissed at my statement.

" You can't decide that, Mr. Lewis." She was trying hard to control her anger.

" We'll go ahead and resign . Just know that one call from me and you won't get a job in any respectable firm. " She gasped at my words.

" I am sure you have to support your expenses and not to forget your sister is dependent on you. Wonder how she will continue with her college if you don't have a job!" Her face hung open with shock.

" You wouldn't." She spoke like she was reassuring herself.

" Try me." I spoke with a challenging look on my face. She was seething, drawing in deep breaths.

" Well, Ms. Taylor, here are some files. I want you to go through them and prepare a report ." I roughly placed them on her desk.

" But I am already working on one project. I am yet to complete -" I cut her off.

" You're no longer doing it. It has been transferred to someone else." Her eyes widened in shock.

" I had worked so hard on that project. You can't do that." She tried sounding firm while I crossed my arms against my chest.

" Are you challenging me, Ms. Taylor?" She seemed beyond frustrated. Shutting her eyes tightly, she looked away and sighed , exasperated.

" Now , as I was saying. I want this report to be ready by today itself." I wondered how many times she was going to give me that shocked expression in a single day.