Chapter- 21

"Excellent, so I will leave you guys to it." She stormed out.

"I will go and look." Ryan said, running after her.

"Good that she went away."

"Kate." I called, requesting her to be a bit considerate.

………………..

Braelyn's POV

"Stupid people. Waste of time. That's all it is." I spoke and agreed to myself as well because clearly others were busy agreeing to that bitchy witch.

"Brae!" Ignoring Ryan's voice, I kept walking.

"Brae , wait. Will you?" I clicked my tongue in annoyance.

"What Ryan ? What?" I was irritated by everyone, especially him for bringing those two along.

"We came together and we will go that way only. Come inside." I sarcastically nodded my head.

"For what? To listen to her stupid tantrums, how she is tired by just eating and sitting in the car? Or should I smile at Evan praising her "excellent" choices? " I widened my eyes trying to show him the gravity of the problem.

"Brae-"

"It's all because of you." I pointed my finger towards him.

"What did I do?" He acted surprised and I wanted nothing more than to bang his head against the nearest wall.

"I should have never asked you to come with me. Who told you to pull them along? I could have done a better job if I was alone." I took a deep breath but still I wasn't calm.

"All she does is make the stupidest of choices and Evan? Let's not even talk about him. He is agreeing to everything she says like a blind puppy. " My breathing was hard because of my rant.

"Breathe Ms. Taylor." My eyes snapped towards Evan. I failed to notice him standing behind Ryan with an amused expression.

"I will leave." Ryan left with a grin on his face. I wanted to kill him for leaving me here with him.

"So you think I am behaving like a blind puppy?" Now what would I say? What would I say? 'Damn right ! I said that.' or 'No I didn't, you're dreaming.'?

"Uhm actually I was just-"  He cut me off.

"I heard you Ms. Taylor." His hands were thrusted in his pocket.

"Then why ask?" I mumbled to myself praying that he didn't listen but apparently he did.

"You got a smart mouth, Ms. Taylor." He fakely appreciated me.

"And a smart choice too. Instead of agreeing to whatever she says you could have decided what was actually better. " I huffed. I didn't know if it was my ego speaking or my jealousy. When he was silent for a long time, I looked up at his face to see him staring intently at me.

He took a daring step towards me and tucked a few loose strands of hair behind my ears. My anger and frustration melted, just like that and I was lost in his eyes, his steel grey eyes.

"Are you jealous, Brae?" I didn't even realise when I unconsciously nodded to him. When his lips curved up into a smirk, I snapped out of my trance.

"Get away. What are these tricks Evan?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest. He was seducing me into confessing everything to him but I won't. I can't.

"Can I know why you are jealous?" He asked, looking smug.

"No. You can't. Because I am not jealous of Kate or in fact anyone." I threw my hands up in the air. How mature of me!