Chapter- 32

Evan's POV

I was on my way to my cabin when some of the employees wished me good morning and I wished them back.
Turning the knob, I entered the room only to be surprised.

On my desk was a bouquet of Irises Stalking near , I picked it up and inhaled the woody smell. I looked for a note in it but found none attached. Only one name came to my mind of who could have done it.

"Come in."  I kept the flowers down waiting for the person to enter.

"Good morning." Brae walked in with a smile.

"Good morning."

"Nice flowers!" She exclaimed, putting down the cup of coffee on my desk. I could directly see through her act.

"Ah ! Yes. I was wondering if you know who sent them. " I asked , playing along.

"Depends." She shrugged .

"On?"

"Whether you like them or not." My brow automatically raised at her words.

"Is it so ?" I bit back the smile that was threatening to fall

"Huh huh." She nodded.

"Interesting!" I thrusted my hands in my pockets.

"Let's say I don't like these flowers." I said looking straight at her.

"Then I don't know who sent them."  She pouted feigning ignorance.

"Of course you don't." I nodded my head .

"I don't but I can tell what the person must be thinking while sending them." I went around and sat down in my chair before speaking.

"Really? What is it ?" She came forward and picked up the flowers ,walked to stand beside me. I turned my chair to look at her.

"Do you know what Irises represent?" She asked, looking at the flowers and then at me. I shook my head , genuinely not knowing the answer.

"Hope. It signifies hope. The person who sent you this must be hoping for something." She said.

"Hope ?" I raised my brow.

"Yes, hope. To get something from you, forgiveness maybe." Her eyes gazed intently into mine. I felt like I was losing myself in her beautiful blue eyes.

"I'll take your leave." She said, still looking into my eyes and I nodded. Breaking the eye contact, she put the flowers down and moved out of the cabin.

……………….

Braelyn's POV

"Ah Ryan! What would I have done without you?" I said keeping the bags down on the sofa.

"Nothing?" He raised his invisible collars. I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

"If you want I can stay and help you set up everything."

"No, I want to do everything by myself." I joined my hands and glanced once at the whole place.

"So you don't need any other help ?" He raised a brow at me.

"Nope." I said popping the p.

"Okay, I'll see you then."

"Thank you, Ry." I said after him.

"Not needed." He shouted back, not turning around.

It had been a week since we had the talk in Evan's house. In the last week I had made many small gestures for him to melt his heart from dressing up for him, baking cookies for him , sending his favourite meals at his lunch break to sending flowers.