Epilogue

Braelyn's POV

"What do you think?" Bri asked, showing me the large solitaire ring, settled on her finger through the video call. Her grin couldn't have been wider.

"It's beautiful." I gushed, just as excited.

"Of course it is beautiful. After all, it's my choice." Ryan cake into the frame and his upper body was naked.

"Put on some clothes, can you?" He bent forward so I could see his face more properly. The smirk he was offering me clearly indicated that something stupid would come out of his mouth.

"Why? You find me tempting? Afraid that you won't be able to control your mind seeing me like this?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and honestly, he looked ridiculous.

"You wish!"

"That you're never gonna know. You never looked at me you know. Always so smitten with my brother!"

"Flirting with your fiance's sister?" Bri playfully narrowed her eyes at him. He smiled at her showing his dimples.

"Never, babe. This handsome man is all yours." He pressed his lips against hers in a short kiss before leaving.

"I swear I haven't seen someone more self-obsessed than him." I said with a shake of my head.

"You love me anyway." I heard him saying while he walked away. I rolled my eyes, a smile tugging at my lips.

"Are you still up for Saturday?" I asked Bri.

"Of course. I'll see you."

"See you." I hung up and looked back at my laptop screen.

I sighed, looking through the mail before leaning back in my seat. We had finally secured the deal with the Simpsons and this was really important for our company.

After one years into our marriage, Evan had taken over the Bluetech Corp. What came as a shock was that he wanted me to be the CEO. As expected I had totally freaked out. I mean you can't just run a company like that. Besides, I was skeptical that people would obviously claim that I got the position because I am his wife. Well that's true but I too had my MBA degree.

However, when was Evan one to give up? He said that he could see the potential in me and I just needed to believe in myself. I let him talk me into this but then I was always being dependent on him about the final decisions to be taken.

I learnt a lot from Ryan and William. Evan on the other hand always had my back until I could finally take over the company in a true sense. Obviously I haven't built the company from scratch but the sales had improved a lot in the past five years. Bluetech was now among the top ten companies in the country and I had worked my ass off to reach this.

I glanced down at my watch and I knew I had to leave now. I picked my purse and walked out of the cabin.

"Chloe, I won't be coming tomorrow. Don't keep anything on the schedule, please." I asked my personal assistant.

"Sure, Mrs. Lewis." She said, pushing her hair behind her shoulders.
..............................

As I walked into the building, everyone stared at me while some greeted me politely. Stepping out of the elevator, I immediately caught sight of Cora. She rushed towards me as soon as she noticed and pulled me in a hug.

"What a nice surprise!" She dramatically said and just like always her voice brought too much attention.

"Can you shut up?" I widened my eyes a little.

"What? I can at least pretend that my best friend is here to pay me a surprise visit and not just because her husband is the boss here." She faked being hurt. I shook my head at her dramatics.