Chapter 25: Are You Alright?

~Kylie~

I'm in the shower rinsing the conditioner out of my hair. When I get out i'll maybe call Katy, she can help me decide what to we-

"Flower?" I jump when Caleb calls me almost slipping. I turn to see he's leaning in the doorway. His eyes scrutinised me. I feel guilty and hope he doesn't see it written all over my face.

"Yeah?"

"Where were you? We've been looking for you! And you blocked the link, why?" He asks. I can hear the frustration in his voice

"What do you mean? I've been here the whole time. And I blocked you all because you don't need to know my whereabouts 24 fucking 7" I snap.

"Come on, Kylie. Don't give me that bull. The others are dumb enough to believe it but I'm not stupid. Just fucking talk to me!" He yells

"I will talk to you, just not right now! I need-"

"THEN WHEN?" He explodes. Making me flinch and take a step back.

"I'm sorry, flower. I didn't mean-"

"Just forget it, Caleb. Can I finish my shower in peace please?" I refuse to look at him so carry on rinsing my hair, holding back my tears. I have so many emotions running through me right now I can't quite deal with it all.

"Flower-"

"Please, Caleb" with a sigh he turns and walks away. And when I hear the door slam shut I release the sob that was choking me to come out. That's one thing about Tejus I find I love. He doesn't know about anything that's happened to me, so he doesn't tiptoe around me and certain shit or treat me differently! Yeah Caleb scared me for all of a second, just then. But only because he was so angry and raised his voice. Iv always been hit when that happened and i've managed to keep a lid on it any other time one of them has snapped at me. But being Caleb, the most laid back of them all and all my emotions messing with me. I reacted differently. And then comes the feeling sorry for me. Which he wouldn't of been if I didn't flinch. He'd probably still be yelling at me. Tejus wouldn't think anything of me flinching and would have lit into me regardless. Now i don't know if it's the right time to tell him as he's getting angry. Angry that I won't tell him what's bothering me. I should be able to tell him when I'm ready and not have him shout at me to try and find out.

I decided against calling Katy. I love her dearly, but she will know something is wrong and I don't want to put her in the position of having to keep a secret, when it involves her brother-in-law. I go into the wardrobe and pick out a white summer dress with small black polka dots. It has spaghetti straps and comes at about mid-thigh. I towel dry my hair and leave it down to dry naturally and put on some white flat ballet shoes. Looking at the time I still have a few hours to kill so I spend that time sitting in my room practicing magic and partial shifts.

When it's 5.30 I head down to the kitchen to get a drink. I see Caleb and Dravon at the dining table eating so I go in to tell them I'm leaving soon and need J-lo to come with me. As I think Tejus is my true mate and not Declan, I want to be safe. Having them there will make me feel better. I'll just say it's because I want to talk to them. I can trust Logan not to say anything. And I don't know why I didn't think to tell him my thought's before now!

"Do either of you know if Logan is..... oh I didn't see you there!.... what?" I walked in and I just noticed Tejus sitting opposite them. They're all staring at me with their mouths open. Why are they looking at me like that?

"WOW, Dragonfly. You look beautiful. I'm so gonna have to start taking you out." Dravon says as his eyes roam all over my body

"What?" I blush scarlet, what's he talking about?