Chapter 26: Jerk!

~Kylie~

As soon as I see Logan I rush up to him and throw my arms around him. He wraps his around me and I feel a little better.

"What happened? I thought you said he wasn't your-"

"Did you not think to try and stop me when I was doing it?" I enquire 

"I did try! You blocked the link or I couldn't get through!"

"Try now!"

"Can you hear me!"

"Yes I fucking can!" He definitely must have done something! I'm so confused and want to get home now.

"Phoe! What's going on? I don't like the look you have right now!"

"I just… I'm not really sure. I felt funny after having the drink and it felt like seconds I had my eyes closed and then I opened them to find I had eaten and… done things I wouldn't have otherwise! I have no recollection of the past 2 hours, Logan!" He just looks at me, not really knowing what to say! I feel like I've been violated! It's no better than how I lived before I found my mates. 

"Logan, I just want to get back! I- I need to sleep. I need my mates. Please don't tell them anything! I-"

"You need to tell them, Phoe! Please. I promise they love you and aren't going to leave you. I thought you'd gotten past this. What thoes arsholes said isn't true. Never was and never will be! Don't let them stay in your head. Because there wrong"

"It's easier said than done, Lo. You didn't spend most of your life being told you didn't deserve something. That you were worthless and no one would ever want you. And that if they did it would only be to use you. Not because they would actually love you. And then beaten until you stopped talking back and you started believing that it must be true. No one had come for me. I was only ever used and abused! Other than family love which is totally different, Iv never been on the receiving end of-"

"Fuck, Phoe. I get it! Alright I get it. Shit. I knew it was bad but I didn't realise it was-"

"Can you just take me home please. I will tell them just….. when I'm ready."

"Alright. Come on" He puts his arm around my shoulders and walks me home. 

The door opens before I even get to it and I hug Caleb as soon as I get to him and feel so much better. Unfortunately I want to cry and tell him everything but I'm just not ready. He wraps me in his arms and kisses my head and says

"You ok, flower?"

"I am now, I'm just tired!"

"Phoe, I'm gonna head home now. Are you good?" He asks

"Yeah I'm good. Hey, I want to do a blood ritual so you and Katy can always hear me, without having to get a link opened or writing it down. So meet me tomorrow, yeah?"

"You got it. Just let me know when OK, maybe add Jake as he's one of your guards too!" He says over his shoulder. I shake my head at him, as Caleb pulls me into the house.

"Whose bed are you in tonight?" He asks me

"I'm gonna crash in mine tonight. I'm just tired and want to sleep" I say hesitantly.

"You can just sleep in one of our beds. We're not sex mad cavemen, Kylie!" He says exasperated. I really don't want to argue, but I need space to wrap my head around what happened tonight.

"For fuck sake, Caleb. I didn't say you were. Just that I want to sleep on my own. What's fucking wrong with that!?" I snap. He looks around then whisper shouts