Chapter 29: Flower?

~Kylie~

I spent a few hours training with my Dad. Turns out I'm pretty good at this molecular manipulation stuff. I'm getting the hang of slowing down time but not quite able to freeze it yet. And dad bought out a laptop he wanted me to try and take apart and reconstruct, I didn't get it quite right but he said it takes practice for my brain to remember how things go back together. 

After I checked my phone to see I have no new messages, which pisses me off as I was expecting to have one from Tejus, I decide as it's Sunday I'll go see Katy. I grab Zander and tell him what I want to do and he tells me Dravon should be there, as he has to finish some training. So I grab J-Lo and make my way round.

"Your getting better, Phoe. Still need to practice your teleportation and that as you suck at it. I heard about the river!" Logan laughs. So I punched him in the arm.

"Ouch! Fuck, Phoe. That shit hurt!" He exclaims. I just stick my tongue out at him, while Jake bursts out laughing.

"That will teach you to tease her!" 

When we get to Katy's house, I knock and wait for her to answer the door. I hear muttering behind me and look at them both, their eyes widen and they stop talking. So being the bitch I like to be I zap them both, and almost wet myself laughing when they go rigid and fall backwards. I didn't do it enough to hurt them. I love the stupid idiots, they're pretty much my brothers. So I'd never hurt them. 

When the door opens I don't see who it is as I'm laughing so hard. But then I'm pulled into a strong solid chest and feel my body spark with heat. Dravon nuzzles Into my neck, nipping it playfully while I calm down

"Having fun there, dragonfly? What did they do this time?" He chuckles as they pick themselves up off the floor, cursing. 

"I don't know, they were muttering to each other sneakily and stopped when I looked at them. I decided they must have been plotting against me so I zapped them" I rested my chin on his chest looking up at him with a smile.

"Fair enough!" He then gives me a kiss.

"Come on Caleb's here too. He has a surprise for you. Actually I need to ask you something as well." He says as we make our way to the living room. When Katy sees me she squeals and rushes over, practically tackling me in a hug. I just laugh and hug her back.

"I'm so excited! Did he tell you?" I just shake my head, with my lips pressed together in a 'tell me what' face. 

"Oh can I tell her? Pleeeease." She begs Caleb with her hands pressed together. Rolling his eyes he chuckles and tells her yes. She turns back to me witch excitement and exclaims 

"He's going to do a spell so me and J-Lo can communicate with you! No more writing things down, we can actually have a proper conversation. Reading your lips is always super hard for me." I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. What is she talking about reading my lips? I look at Caleb and he smiles kindly and says

"You don't notice you're doing it, but you tend to mouth what you say to us, most of the time. As if you're actually speaking, just no sound comes out" my face heats up a little. I probably look like a right idiot.

"I do? Since when? Why haven't any of you told me this before" I purposely grit my teeth so I don't don't it. Dravon wraps his arms around me and says

"You do, dragonfly. Don't be embarrassed. We didn't say anything as we didn't want you to feel self-conscious of it. And you don't do it all the time! Just occasionally, really. So please don't worry about it." He kisses my head, but I still feel silly, how did I not know I did that! Changing the subject I ask