Chapter 39: Thanks Caleb

~Tejus~

My father is such a dick. Spiking my coffee so I would be too tired to do anything but crash, is fucking wrong. All because he thinks I wanted to go off and fuck some random. Which I guess is my fault for not telling him about finding my mate. Which I will have to do soon. After the ball tomorrow I'm going to go see Decan and tell him I'm done and to stay away from her and my family. I will have to tell her and the guys about everything, as my mother and Calisus will also need protection. Hopefully with everyone knowing we can keep them all safe..

But I need to make things right with Kylie first and if she didn't have the arse already, which I know she must have, due to that fucking bitch yesterday, because she most definitely felt the mates betrayal. Me not turning up when I told her I would last night definitely would have added fuel to the fire. 

I try ringing her and texting her as soon as I get up but I get no answer or reply. This goes on for the rest of the day until around lunch time when she finally fucking answers. I explain I can hear her and she acts unfazed and indifferent at first. But when I start to explain, she goes off on one calling me a Liar and a cheater, that she doesn't care about my sex life and she doesn't want to see or hear from me again.

I really could fucking kill the guys for bringing the girls round. I should have just said no altogether. Although I wasn't expecting Allison to fucking jump me when I told her no. And I'm livid now that I'm in this situation. I don't know if all this shit is a factor but my chest is starting to get very uncomfortable and all I want is to get back to her and explain. 

When it's obvious she isn't going to answer again, I get back to helping others of my kind. I'm quite surprised with the amount of them that decided they wanted to come along. They're giving up their lives, jobs and friends they have to move away from and start fresh. Iv just finished helping a couple and their 2 kids with getting the rest of their stuff sent off and getting their keys to hand over to the realtor for them. Along with making sure they have the bank transfer information once the house has sold. It's getting late now and my father has ordered me to not go to the new territory until tomorrow for the ball. He's going for dinner with the other Kings in a couple hours or so and I'm going to buy a new suit. I know Kylie's favourite colour is green so I would like a new one with some form of green in it. My phone goes off and I pick it up when I see it's Caleb.

"Hey man. What's up? How is everyone?"

"Not much really. Me and the guys are good but Kylie's not doing so well." He sounds upset, which is understandable, she's his mate too and I now feel sick.

"Why? What's wrong with her?" I ask. I hope he doesn't notice how my voice is betraying my feelings for her, but I need to know she's alright.

"She's been pretty irritable. Turns out she's been going through the mating jitters for the past day or so. It's affecting her very strongly. I've never seen anything like it. I don't know if you know this, but she has another mate. His name is Declan, he's a dick and we all hate him…. Maybe that's why it's so strong! It's only just kicked in for some strange reason as she's been away from him for quite a while with the odd pop in and nothing until yesterday. They had a date recently and I know they were intimate, maybe that was the trigger? But yeah, she's been a bit sex crazed and emotional if I'm honest." when he finishes I'm lost for words. Who the fuck is Declan? And why hasn't she told me about him? I already hate the guy and want to kill him at the mere thought he's touched what's mine. 

"And why are you telling me all this?" I practically growl at him 

"Are you still worried about her? Does it make you angry? Do you feel betrayed?... (What the hell is h-)...because right now your only feeling a small fucking fraction of how you've made her feel. So what do you have to say for yourself Tejus? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't hunt you down and fucking kill you for hurting her. And what happened to you last night? She waited for you and you couldn't even send her a fucking text? She got hurt as well and that could have been avoided if you-" he lays into me. He's not wrong. I do feel betrayal and jealousy over this Declan guy. And I can't believe she actually told him about us. But it's such a relief as well. I'm glad it was him she told, as I think he had an idea from the beginning, way before even I knew she was mine. And he's never really been a dick to me. Until now that is.