Chapter 40: What's Wrong?

~Kylie~

"What?" I ask as they all stare at me. Keelan puts his arms around me from behind and pulls me into his chest.

"Don't mind them. They're just happy to see you happy. You've been a little… out of sorts recently. Other than the off the charts sex that is. You've been very insatiable, firefly" He kisses my cheek then nuzzles Into my neck, making me giggle. He leans back on the unit and takes me with him. So I lean against him, with my arms over his. 

"I'm sorry guys. I should have told you sooner but… I've been getting the mating jitters?... is that what you call it? And they seem to be getting stronger and stronger. Now before you all go off on one. I'm telling you now I don't want to talk about it any further, but I also got.. the.. errr" I really don't want to say it. Especially as I haven't spoken to Caleb yet on what he found out. And it's him I look to now for help. He gives me a small smile and says 

"She got the stab, let's leave it at that. And I promise it's not what you think, flower. I spoke to him yesterday but I'll tell you privately ok. Now, I have several things to be getting on with as father has put me in charge of the hall"

"Yeah I'm in charge of the guest list and what not. As in security measures." Blake adds 

"Me and Sebastian are helping the sentrys that arrive settle in and get acquainted with the place and handing out information packs for them so they know where to go and let them know about the ball tonight." Zander says. I look at Dravon and he happily says

"I'm all yours Dragonfly. So we can be lazy and spend most of the day in bed…" all the guys but Keelan groan in jealousy that they too, can't join us and I have to suppress a giggle

"Or as its Tuesday you can still do weapons with Clive and fire with Alex? I can help with both and Keelan can do demon magic with you as you can't do vampire? It's completely up to you. Do you have a dress for tonight?" 

"Depends on what sort of dress I have to wear? And I like the idea of training up my magic a little. So I'm up for the Arena but can we perhaps cuddle in bed for a little bit first?" I wink at Dravon. So sue me, I'm going to take advantage of having 2 of my mates to myself. I'd blame it all on the jitters but it's not just that. Dravon and Keelan chuckle while again, the others groan.

"Don't be a tease, firefly. Otherwise nothing will be done on time" He nips my ear making me catch my breath. I'm totally ready to head back to bed now.

"I'd like a quick word though before I leave. The guys can meet you upstairs."Caleb announced as he stood. Everyone else blows me away with a kiss before they leave. Caleb leads me into the front room and sits on the sofa pulling me on top of his lap so I'm straddling him.

"Right. So here it is. Some girl jumped him. He stopped it right away though. And text you straight after. He couldn't believe he let it happen, that he should have seen it coming but he didn't. To focused on getting things done so he could come see you. And he was going to but his father commanded otherwise and took his phone. Now, he can show you apparently with a memory exchange but that's entirely up to you…. If I thought he was lying I'd have told him not to come back unless you asked him to. I truly believe what he told me. So turn that frown upside down. You will see him tonight as he will be here for the ball. Hopefully the jitters will stop too. How are you feeling?" 

"Other than horney, I'm not sure how I feel. I guess I feel better knowing that it wasn't what I originally thought but I'm still mad at him. I want him to know how it feels, you know? I do have a question though. How come none of you felt the betrayal when Declan was intimate with me? Surely that would have been a sign, no?" I say as his hands move under my top, which has my hips moving. He then leans up and says between kisses on my neck