Chapter 89: Everyone and Their Mother is Dear to Sally Jackson

Y'all I keep fucking injuring myself at work. I literally cut my finger on saran wrap the other day, and I wasn't even USING THE SARAN WRAP. I JUST HIT MY HAND WHEN I WALKED BY IT. In conclusion I'm dumb and should not be trusted with so many sharp objects. I've had like 8 injuries🤚🏻 UPDATE FROM A FEW DAYS AFTER I WROTE THIS PART OF THE A/N: UHHHHH I was cutting an avocado and chopped open my finger, and it was very bad. Like I probably should've gone to a doctor for it. I didn't, but I should've LMAO, it's fine now. Just healing.

Speaking of which, ignore any typos in the first half or so of this chapter. I was wounded when I wrote it. (But from a different finger cut bc I'm REALLY BAD WITH THE KNIVES AT WORK)

I no longer work there.

Have fun, everybody.

"I love you, too, Jase."
*****

Jason woke up alone.

He kept his eyes closed, but once he got cold and tried to reach out for Percy's warmth, he was met was nothing but his own bedsheets. He reluctantly opened his eyes, turning them towards his clock to see that it was around ten in the morning. Percy probably went downstairs with Thalia and Piper, both of whom he heard making far too much noise in the kitchen.

With the chaos ensuing downstairs and the lack of his boyfriend, there was no point in Jason trying to go back to sleep. He groaned as he stretched once before climbing out of bed. He ran a hand through his mess of hair as he left his room and went to join everybody else.

Piper was the first person that came into Jason's view, and she grinned at him. "Good morning, Miss Aurora—"

"It is not even that late," Jason interrupted.

Piper ignored him. "Did you leave Prince Philip upstairs? Because I was definitely making him food, so you should go get him."

"What do you mean?"

Piper looked at him like he was an idiot. "What do you mean?"

"Isn't Percy down here already?" Jason's eyes scanned the kitchen.

"No," Piper dragged out the word, looking over her shoulder to find Thalia.

The aforementioned elder sister walked back into the kitchen right on cue, immediately recognizing Jason's uncertainty. "What's wrong?"

"Percy's not here," Jason replied for the both of them. Piper slipped out to go check for herself.

"Look, Jase," Thalia was far too nonchalant for Jason's liking, "if he's not here, he probably just went home. Let's not assume the worst before you've even tried speaking to him, yeah?"

Jason was doing exactly that, unfortunately. "I know...but he would've said something."

"Maybe he didn't want to wake you up," she suggested, but she could tell that she was not getting through to Jason.

He trudged to the living room and sat down on the couch, pulling out his phone and calling somebody, presumably Percy. Thalia watched from the doorway, frowning when Jason hit the call button a second and third time. He seemed to give up after that, carelessly tossing his phone on the other side of the couch and running a frustrated hand through his hair.

Thalia decided it was her time to step in and went to sit down next to her brother. She tried for a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Do you need anything?"

He shook his head softly. "Just Percy. Or confirmation that he's fine, at least."

Jason let his head drop back onto the couch cushions, sighing as he stared at the ceiling. He was being overdramatic, right? Yes, definitely dramatic. He didn't need to know where Percy was every second of the day. Just because they were dating didn't mean they had to constantly keep track of each other. If anything, Jason was just being toxic and controlling and—