Chapter 66: Whoa, Nelly, Calm Down There. This Is Just A Wattpad Fanfic.

Uhhh, yeah good luck dragging yourself through this chapter, everybody. Have fun.

[TRIGGER WARNING: chapter contains one direct mention of suicide. I've put a double asterisk (**) in front of the corresponding paragraph if you wish to skip. Thank you, and stay safe.]

At that, she silently walked around the corner and away from the three boys.
*****

Jason peeked into the living room from where he was standing in the kitchen and saw Leo anxiously waving his hands around as he explained what happened with Chris to Percy. The blonde had thought Percy would be much more upset, but his composure was calm and collected as he listened to Leo. Jason couldn't particularly make out any of their sentences but chose to refrain from eavesdropping. Piper was already mad at him and Leo, so he didn't think damaging his relationship with either of the two boys would be very productive.

He sat alone at the kitchen table, sipping a cup of coffee and scrolling through his phone. Thankfully, there'd been no mention of Percy or his sexuality on anybody's social media accounts, and Jason followed a decent amount of people in their class. For now, they were safe. It was another ten minutes before Leo knocked on the wall to get Jason's attention from where he stood in the doorway.

"I'm gonna head out, man," Leo said, trying for his usual carefree grin but only mustering up a sad smile. "Text me when Pipes gets home so I know she's safe. She won't want to talk to me, probably, but let her know I'm leaving my ringer on all night just for her if she changes her mind."

Jason nodded. "Same goes for you. Everything'll turn out fine."

"I hope so," Leo muttered, not meeting his friend's eyes. "I'll see you later."

"Bye, Leo," he said, watching the other boy turn away from the kitchen and eventually disappear from his sight.

Once he heard the familiar sound of his front door shutting, Jason abandoned his cup of coffee and walked towards the living room to see Percy staring blankly at the ground a few feet in front of him.

He cleared his throat, catching Percy's attention. Jason quietly walked over and sat beside Percy on the couch. The green-eyed boy made quick work of pulling himself closer to Jason and laying his head atop Jason's shoulder. The blonde gently put his arm around Percy's waist as he glanced at the boy.

Jason sighed. "Hey, Percy, I'm sorry about—"

"Just hold me for a minute, Jase," Percy cut him off quietly, closing his eyes.

With a nod, Jason frowned and subconsciously held onto the other boy just a little tighter. His free hand reached across his torso to find one of Percy's. He held it gently as Percy intertwined their fingers. Pulling their hands up to his face, Percy placed a soft kiss on the back of Jason's palm before letting them drop into his lap again. Jason smiled, grateful that things hadn't become awkward since earlier.

It was only another thirty seconds before a loud ding from Percy's phone broke the silence. Jason saw the boy look at the device where it sat on the table, making no move to grab it. It went off again, and did so periodically every forty-five seconds or so. Jason pulled himself away from Percy and looked into his eyes, tired and unnerved pools of green.

"Are you not gonna check to see who it is?" Jason asked him. "It could be Piper or your mom."

Percy shook his head. He didn't say anything, but Jason got the message: he knew who it was. Percy silenced his phone without looking at the texts and DMs he'd received. Jason was about to offer to go through and block the numbers so Percy wouldn't have to read any of the messages when an arm wrapped around Jason's neck and lips pressed against his own. Naturally, he kissed back as Percy's second arm joined his first, pulling the blonde deeper into the kiss. Jason found this kiss to be much different than the few others he'd shared with Percy. This one almost felt...desperate?