Chapter 14: I Chime In With A...Wait

Hola amigooooos! Sorry for taking ten years to update this. School drained me and I still haven't regained my normal mentality.😂

Also, I just looked and this stORY HAS 7K READS WHAT THE HECK???

I think it's safe to say that you should brace yourself (*glances at TLT*) bc I don't know what I'm going to write about in this chapter help???

Or maybe there never was that light in the first place.
*****

Per usual, Percy ended his walk home with an entrance into the world's least pleasant place on Earth. Sometimes, though, he was granted some peace.

He entered the apartment, dropping his book bag by the door and scanning the area. Looking over at the kitchen, he saw his mother doing something on her laptop at the table. He made his way towards her, sitting on the opposite side of the wooden platform.

Sally glanced up at her son and smiled before continuing to work. "How was school, honey?"

Percy shrugged in response, which was his typical reply to that particular question.

His mother closed her computer and set it aside, making eye contact with her son. "Anything interesting happening at all?" To this, Percy simply shrugged again, casting his eyes away.

"Any parties?"

Shake of the head.

"Crushes?"

Again.

"Secrets?"

Nada.

"You can't let your own mom out-teenage you," Sally said jokingly, sighing dramatically.

To this, Percy looked up at his mother and smiled. Or at least he got as close as he could to doing so.

The blissful moment only last a few seconds before Sally looked over at the time and sighed.

"I have to go to work," she said, standing up and grabbing her things before heading to the door, "I'll be back later. Love you!"

She then exited the apartment, and Percy was left in silence.

He sat there for a moment, looking around. His apartment was rarely filled with silence when he was in it, regardless of the fact that he hadn't talked in what felt like ages.

Yes, he had the ability to speak. Percy just couldn't find a good reason to use his voice. All it ever did was get him into more trouble. Now, people ignore him, Gabe can't use his own words against him, and the teachers pretend he isn't there because they all know he won't answer. Plus, talking was just plain hard. In Percy's life, it seemed to be say perfect line or say nothing at all.

And let's face it.

Percy knew he was far from perfect.

*****

Thalia sensed Jason's lie straight away. Yeah, Jason still worried about Leo and his whole 'whatever' attitude with his fellow students from time to time, but the difference between those moments and a few minutes ago was quite contrasting. Of course, Thalia really only saw one explanation.