Chapter Four: The Bathroom

Sorry in advance for the misleading title.

I WANNA EXPLAIN A NAME THING. SO SOME OF THE GODS ARE INCLUDED AS TEACHERS. BECAUSE IM VERY LAME, THEIR LAST NAME IS JUST THEIR ROMAN NAME, EXCLUDING ZEUS AND HERA BECAUSE THEIRS ARE BOTH OLYMPUS. (And the ones that have the same name twice, like Apollo. I'll figure that out later.)

For example:
Aphrodite/Venus= Aphrodite Venus= Ms. Venus

OKAY, CARRY ON.

The next day, Jason went to school, hoping none of yesterday's incidents would reoccur. Of course, his luck would most likely betray him. He walked into his first class, history, and sat down next to Annabeth, who had resumed all of her classes. (Everyone is a senior except Nico, Hazel, Thalia, and maybe some others that aren't included with the plot yet. Just to sort that out.)

"Is Ms. Minerva still the teacher?" Annabeth looked over at Jason, who nodded in response. Annabeth smiled, satisfied with the answer she was given. Ms. Minerva was always Annabeth's favorite teacher, although Jason wasn't sure why.

The teacher entered the room, beginning the lesson after setting all of her stuff on her desk. Half of the class appeared to be dozing off as she lectured with unnecessarily long words that most of the students didn't understand. Ms. Minerva had a tendency to call some of these people out, unfortunately. Jason had learned that lesson the hard way.

Of course, she had to stick with her routine. Her eyes glanced to the back of the room as she spoke, but she stopped once when spotted her target. At least that's what Jason assumed.

"Mr. Jackson," she smiled towards someone in the back.

Jason, alerted by the name, looked back to see the boy. He could only see the left side of his face because of their seats, but Jason definitely recognized him.

"Would you like to share the answer?" Ms. Minerva continued.

"Mr. Jackson" (Jason really needed to learn his name) was undoubtedly confused. He hesitated for a few moments before sighing and shaking his head, looking down at the desk.

"I suggest you pay attention," she recommended to him, "I don't think you can afford not to."  (OOH THAT BOMB DROP)

The boy blinked, looking up again. Then, the bell rang and everyone left their classes, half-running to their next class in an attempt to get there on time without getting in trouble from hall monitors or teachers. Jason had a free period, which he wasn't exactly fond of. He was always bored during his study halls, since he usually didn't have much homework when he got them. If his free periods were later in the day, he'd probably appreciate them more.

Thankfully, Jason actually had something to do this time. On the other hand, that something was using the bathroom, so it wasn't as much of a time waster as he would like.

He pushed open the door to the boys' bathroom, walking past the small wall that divided the door from the bathroom itself. He saw someone at the mirror, seemingly studying something on their face. Jason thought he recognized the boy so, being the unreasonable person he is, he decided to speak up.

"Hey," Jason said quietly, not completely sure if his instincts were correct.

The boy at the mirror instantly turned his body towards the voice. Fortunately, Jason was right about the figure being 'Mr. Jackson.' While this was a small victory, the boy's right eye was what really caught his attention. It was a light shade of purple, and it was more swollen than it should've been.

"You okay?" Jason inquired, studying the boy. All he got in return was a nervous nod.

He nodded towards his eye. "Doesn't that hurt?" Again, he only earned a simple gesture in response: a shrug.