Chapter 16: Knock Knock

Well hello there. I'm sorry for the super long wait on this update. I had planned to post earlier, but then my teachers kept giving projects and my volleyball team was preparing for a qualifier. I was in Indiana all weekend and I was dead tired. And then I got back and got more work and writer's block so...I have a lot of excuses behind the curtain on the right.

So have a chapter, I guess? It's gonna suck, just brace yourself.

He also regretted doing so, if you were wondering.
*****

To put it simply, Leo avoided Jason as best as he could the next day. Piper and he had returned to the teenage hell on Earth that people called high school. Piper's routes to her classes typically didn't cross with Leo's in that day's arrangement, but Jason was definitely an issue.

He also never responded to the Latino's messages. Not the calls, texts, not even the few e-mails he tried sending.

Lunch was the most difficult time for Leo to truly prevent contact with his blonde comrade. And, like many of his classes sophomore year, he failed.

He thought he was in the clear until his shoulder was grabbed and his whole body was spun around. He was face to face (well, not really, Jason was a lot taller) with his friend.

"Okay, what'd I do wrong this time?" Jason asked him, retracting his hand.

Leo sighed. "Just a reply would've been nice yesterday, Jase."

"I didn't have my phone," he informed his shorter friend.

"Jason, you always have your phone."

"Well, I...I lost it. You can ask Piper. We were up all night looking because Thalia stormed out earlier that night, and you know...," he lowered his voice, "you know how I feel about not having it around when she's gone."

"Did you find it?"

Jason shook his head. "She was home when we came back, though."

"If that's really the case, you might wanna talk to Percy later," Leo replied, knowing the blonde well enough to tell he didn't seem to be lying.

"Why? What happened to Percy?" The taller of the two asked worriedly.

Leo took a deep breath. "Normally I'd tell you no big deal and explain, but it might be better if you just go see for yourself. I was gonna bring books he left in his locker and notes and whatnot after school. You should go for me, if you don't have anything to do."

"Leo, what happened to him?"

"I was told not to talk about it around school, Jase."

The blonde sighed, nodding his head in understanding. "Fine...yeah, I'll go later. But who's gonna take you and Piper home?"

"I can find us a ride," Leo smiled faintly before bringing his companion to their usual lunch table.

*****

After school, as Leo opened Percy's locker using the combination he'd been texted earlier, Jason stood by with an anxiously tapping foot. The blonde had gotten the address from Leo and was currently getting the things he was going to take with him.