Chapter 73: You Can Tell I Was Cycling Through Ideas In This Chapter

Good news, my friend tested negative for corona. While I was gone from updating, I thought my brother had it, but he just has a throat infection. Everything is dandy.

Have fun with the chapter. Temporarily ran out of ideas and had some writer's block🚫🧢 but we're just rolling along with this for now. Enjoy!

Piper was right. Jason was absolutely 'whipped'.
*****

Jason didn't expect to have to the urge to punch his sister at such an early time Monday morning. She woke him up for school before his alarm clock rang, earning herself a glare from the blonde. She started explaining to him how her shift had changed and that she wouldn't be around for dinner, but Jason barely retained any of the information as he tiredly sat up and rubbed his eyes, his blanket falling from his chest.

"Your hair's a fucking mess," she concluded, reaching out to fix it but getting her hand slapped away by her brother.

He squinted at her, self-consciously running his own hand through his hair. "And you're telling me this why?"

Thalia's annoyance was very visible on her face. "Because you'll miss my presence. Also, thought you might want to invite a certain someone over for dinner while I was gone."

Jason sighed. It was too early for this. "He's having dinner with his mom. And where's Piper going?"

"Annabeth's," Thalia laughed quietly as Jason began to drag himself out of bed, "Where else?"

With a shrug, Jason rose to his feet and ushered his sister out of the room so he could move on with his life. She resisted, though, and the very small amount of effort she put into doing so was still enough to combat Jason and his exhaustion.

"What do you want?" He asked her, wondering why she thought she was still needed in the room.

She merely rolled her eyes at him. "Did you talk to him or what?"

Jason's face slackened, not wanting to tell his sister that he'd definitely chickened out of telling Percy how he felt. During their lunch, he didn't want to risk the awkwardness, and towards the end, he was too preoccupied with the bonding they were having to think about bringing it up. Thalia seemed to catch on regardless and nodded her head with a sigh.

"I get it," Thalia muttered, looking away wistfully, "I was going on dates with Luke for like three months before we finally made it official. You guys'll be fine."

Jason offered her a subtle smile, somewhat surprised she'd brought up her former boyfriend. It also shocked him that there was no teasing or asking when he'd make a move. He assumed it was a side effect of the fatigue she had to have been feeling at that time. The peaceful quiet that settled between them was interrupted by Jason's incredibly loud alarm clock. They both flinched at the noise, the younger of the two groaning as he trudged over to turn it off. He could faintly hear the creak of Piper's bed from her own room. The stupid clock was loud enough to wake her up through the walls.

Piper was quick to get up, stepping out into the hall and scrunching her eyebrows at Thalia standing in Jason's doorway. "Did I miss an early-morning family reunion?"

"Just wingwoman services," Thalia responded, throwing Jason a smirk.

There it is, he thought to himself with a sigh.