Chapter 52: Okay But Imagine How Attractive Jason Grace Would Be As A Real Man

Y'all this chapter isn't too great. I really only like one specific part of it (you'll know which one when you're done LOL), but the rest of it is kind of slow. Trying to switch into a different piece of the story, so bare with me. Thanks for sticking around ahaha

For now, all he could do was enjoy it.
*****

Percy was not excited for the following Saturday. He still had about nine days until he reached the date, but the anxiety had only just begun to form in his stomach. The lawyer that his mother was working with informed them early in the morning that Gabe's hearing had been set for that day. Of course, they both needed to be there if they wanted Gabe to face any kind of punishment.

Still, he wished there was a way to get out of it. He never wanted to look at Gabe again, much less hear his voice and be in the same room as him. Somehow, the thought of seeing him became more dreadful as he spent longer amounts of time away from the man.

Percy moved through the school day reluctantly, not paying much attention to his work or teachers. He had bigger things to worry about than his 30-point English quiz. In the few classes he had with Jason, the blonde seemed to notice but hid his concern. He didn't want to overwhelm Percy more than necessary.

However, that thought process went out the window when Jason approached the other boy after school.

"Percy," he called out, jogging slowly up to the boy's locker, "you alright?"

Percy nodded at him, knowing that the question was going to come sooner or later. He sent a fast text to the blonde's phone and waited as he went to read it.

Percy: gabe's hearing is next Saturday

Jason held back his scoff at the mention of Percy's stepfather. "Isn't that good? He'll finally be gone for good."

Only if he loses, Percy considered expressing the thought to Jason, but he decided to hold back. The last thing he needed was the blonde getting worked up for no reason. He sent a different set of texts instead.

Percy: hopefully, i just don't really wanna see him again

Percy: you know?

Jason nodded, even though he most definitely did not know. "I can come with you. I'd offer to bring Piper and Leo, too, but I have the feeling court isn't for them."

Percy, although he knew having Jason around would be nice, shook his head and waved off the idea. Jason didn't need to spend most of his Saturday in a courtroom with him.

"Really, Perce, I don't mind," Jason insisted, knowing generally what Percy was thinking.

Percy gave him a look that said 'are you sure?' and smiled when Jason nodded.

"Just let me know if I have to do anything beforehand," Jason told the other boy, "I'll testify if you guys need me to."

The green-eyed boy was fine with Jason accompanying him, but he certainly wasn't going to ask the boy to do anything else after being there for Percy all this time. He simply nodded a thanks at the offer, though, knowing Jason would have protested if he did anything else.

Jason sighed upon seeing Piper waving him down from the other end of the hallway. "I'm being called to chauffeur, I guess. See you later?"