Chapter 11: I Feel Lucky, I Feel Free

This book is two hundred reads away from being more popular than my percico one, which has about twenty more chapters than this one😂😂 BUT THANKS FOR READING, ILY PEOPLES

But Jason didn't really mind.
*****

With Percy still asleep on his shoulder, Jason browsed Google for useless information he didn't need. His exploration was paused, however, when Leo spoke up in a whisper.

"So, not your literal dream?" He said with a smirk.

Jason rolled his eyes, looking back at his device. "My 'literal dream' would be for you to shut up about that."

"You can't hide from the truth," he stated, "or your sister. That bit-"

"That's enough, Leo," he whispered harshly, gesturing for him to be quieter so he didn't wake up any of their slumbering friends.

"Right, sorry," he replied with an apologetic smile.

Silence returned as Leo turned off the movie and retreated to the corner to sleep. Jason would've loved to join literally all of the house's other occupants in the realm of sleep, but he just didn't seem to be tired. He wasn't sure if it was because of how he was sitting or if his body just didn't want to cooperate. Jason's aggravated thoughts disappeared, however, upon feeling something tense at his side.

He looked down at Percy, who was thankfully still sleeping. Not ignoring Percy's tightened grip on Jason's t-shirt, the blonde inspected the slumbering boy's face for any sign of discomfort.

Probably just a dream.

"You'll be fine, Perce," he muttered, knowing full-well that the aforementioned couldn't hear him.

A few minutes passed before Jason recognized anything different. Percy shifted ever so slightly, burying half of his face in Jason's shoulder. The conscious boy, who honestly still wanted to be sleeping, gently shook Percy's shoulder.

"Percy, come on," he whispered to the now troubled looking male. "You're okay, I promise."

The boy's grip just got tighter and tighter, but Jason continued to try and wake him up. "Percy."

"You two okay?" A feminine voice asked from above them. Jason glanced up to see Annabeth, looking ever so slightly concerned.

Jason shrugged. "I sure hope so."

The female blonde slid off the other side of the bed, situating herself near Jason's opposite side. "These happen often?"

"No clue," Jason responded, sighing.

"What's his name again? Peter?"

"Percy."

Annabeth nodded. "Right, right. And why doesn't he talk?"

"I really don't know," Jason replied, "but can you help me wake him up?"

"Of course." The two gently tried to coax Percy awake.

The boy finally opened his eyes ever so slightly, his grip loosening and his muscles relaxing. Annabeth went to retrieve a glass of water, leaving the two alone in a room full of sleeping teenagers.

"You okay?" Jason whispered. Percy simply nodded with half-lidded eyes as he struggled to fully wake up. He then realized his current position and immediately pulled himself away from Jason, putting his hand up in a quick 'Sorry' motion.

The blonde simply shook his head. "Don't worry about it."

Percy gave a small nod, transferring his gaze to the ground. Annabeth then walked in with three glasses in her hand before handing one to Percy, one to Jason, and keeping the last for herself.

"Hydrate, kids," she whispered-yelled as she somehow crept back into the bed without waking Piper and Reyna up.

Since most people knew better than to not listen to Annabeth, the room returned to silence as the three drank the water and tried to fall back asleep. At least, Jason and Annabeth were trying to sleep. Percy decided he'd already had his fair share of sleep that night/morning. Annabeth was asleep within five minutes (Jason will never understand how she does it.), but Jason was waiting impatiently for darkness to overcome his vision. Laying down, he rolled onto his right side to see Percy just sitting against his bed, looking around.

"Not gonna sleep anymore?" Jason asker the other, who simply shrugged in response.

"Hey, I don't know what you were dreaming about earlier, but if you ever wanna tell me then I'll always be there," Jason said, just making sure Percy knew.

The green-eyed boy glanced up at Jason with a nod and a small smile. He knew he really couldn't tell Jason, but it was nice to know that someone besides his mother actually cared about him. Jason examined him for another few seconds before bidding him goodnight and closing his eyes. And by some miracles of the gods, he finally managed to fall asleep.

*****

It was around five A.M. that Percy realized how truly fucked he actually was. Thankfully, Reyna woke up to use the bathroom around four thirty and lent Percy her phone charger. Once his dead phone came back to life, he saw seven texts and a missed call from his mother, and two or three very angry ones from Gabe.

Of course, he'd left as soon as possible without disturbing anyone else. If Gabe was angry and Sally had come home at any point, it's likely things didn't end well. Percy considered taking a taxi before deciding to just sprint.

At five A.M.

In the middle of Manhattan.

He made it to his apartment door before five thirty, catching his breath before entering. The flat was eerily quiet as Percy shut the door behind him. It didn't appear that his mother was home, but Gabe's beat up shoes were sitting near the door. He gulped, carefully traveling to his bedroom. One wrong move couldn't ruin it all. He could trip into the wall or creak a floorboard or something like that. Percy, fortunately, made into his room before closing and locking the door.

He flopped onto his bed face down, wincing at the bruises on his face that he just smashed into the mattress. Percy then proceeded to roll over and stare at the ceiling as he questioned why Gabe wasn't raging at his door. After a few minutes, he decided that maybe he'd just gotten lucky for once.

But of course, all good things must come to an end.

I was really tired while writing most of this, I don't even know😂

Byeeeee!