Chapter 29: Wow, You're Old

And Percy nodded.
*****

Needless to say, Jason kept Percy at his house again that night. Percy seemed reluctant and attempted to explain to Jason that he'd be fine. However, he soon realized there was no point in arguing; Jason wasn't planning on letting Percy get hurt again.

Percy had yet to tell Jason what exactly the problem was, but he had a feeling that the blonde had the general idea of what the issue at hand may be.

The two boys and Piper all occupied the living room that night as they marathoned The Office in the dark after they had finished all their homework (at least, all that was due the next day). Thalia got home from work at about nine fifty.

"Piper, Jason, I'm back," she called into the house as she set her things by the door. She went up to her room to change clothes before coming downstairs. Thalia, while she probably should have been, was not too surprised to see Percy back in their home. However, it was ten P.M. on a school night, and she figured there was a reason that Percy hadn't left yet.

She walked up behind her brother on the couch and tapped his shoulder. He turned his head and Thalia muttered a quick, "I need to talk to you."

The blonde nodded to confirm he'd heard her before standing up and following her out of earshot of the other two teens.

"Any reason he's here again?" Thalia asked, sitting on the closest thing that could function as a seat.

Jason sighed. "He just needed to stay here tonight, Thals. Trust me, please."

"I'm assuming it's some huge secret you can't tell me right now?" She asked with sarcastically raised eyebrows.

Jason smiled sheepishly and nodded. "I'll tell you another time. Come binge watch with us."

"Do you three not realize you have school tomorrow?"

"Wow," Jason scoffed with a small smile, "that's the oldest-sounding you've ever been."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever, I'll come."

The two exchanged no further words as they returned to the living room. The blonde once again took his spot next to Percy on the couch, and Thalia quietly sat in the remaining chair.

The decision for everyone to retire for the night was made about an hour and a half later. Piper had already fallen asleep, but Jason said he'd just carry her up to the guest room. Thalia was the first upstairs after bidding the two boys goodnight and disappearing around the corner.

Jason, reluctantly but gently, gathered Piper in his arms and began his walk to the stairs. Once he noticed Percy wasn't following him, he turned around.

"You coming?" He asked quietly.

Percy shook his head, gesturing to the couch he was sitting on. Jason sighed, shaking his head. "Yeah, no way. Come upstairs."

The shorter of the two sighed, standing up and following the blonde to the upper level of the house. Jason set Piper in bed and closed the door on his way out. He walked across the hallway to his own room and gestured for Percy to follow.

"If we have enough room for Annabeth, Reyna, and Piper to sleep comfortably on this bed, you and I can definitely fit," Jason said as he sat down on it. He looked up at Percy, "Any particular side preference?"

Percy just shrugged before awkwardly walking over to the side Jason wasn't already on and sitting down. They sat in silence for a few moments before the taller of the two stood up and walked over to his drawers.

"Do you want to change?" He asked the boy on the bed, "I'm sure at least some of my stuff probably fits you well enough."

He looked back at Percy and frowned upon seeing him staring blankly into his lap.

"Hey," he said gently, at which Percy's head perked up to look at him. Jason walked over and sat down again. "Do you need to...talk about anything?"

He felt incredibly awkward upon asking, considering Percy didn't talk, but he felt that he should try to show he was open and available for whatever Percy needed him for. In response to Jason's question, Percy shrugged and inconspicuously curled into himself a bit. He felt like he was taking up Jason's space and wasting his time.

Regardless of how Percy thought he was being subtle, Jason took notice of his discomfort. "Percy...I don't want you to feel like you're invading or anything. Piper has literally been here since before I properly met you, so we're used to other people being here. Just let me know if you need something, alright?"

Percy nodded, and Jason offered a hint of a smile before returning to his previous task. He tossed various articles of clothing onto the bed before taking some for himself and walking towards the doorway.

"I'll go change, you can use whatever works best in all that," Jason said as he left the room.

Percy, praying Jason didn't come back when his bruised and beaten torso was out for the whole world to see, quickly changed into some of the blonde's clothes. Jason returned soon after and plopped himself back onto his bed.

"I'm going to sleep, Perce," he said with a yawn, "Just wake me up if you need me."

That was the second time Jason had explicitly told Percy to go to him if there was something he needed. Percy sighed before laying down on the opposite side of the bed and turning towards the wall as the lights flicked off. They were there for probably 15 minutes before Percy heard Jason sigh from a couple feet away.

"Are you awake?" He whispered at a barely audible level.

Percy simply turned around to face Jason and raised his eyebrows to indicate he was listening.

"Do you think you'll fall asleep any time soon?" Jason asked him, to which Percy shook his head.

Jason paused for a moment before continuing, "Can we talk about the thing at the mall the other day?"

Percy nodded uneasily. Sure, he was curious, but after seeing Jason's reaction to the events of that day, Percy wasn't sure the blonde would ever tell him about his history. It seemed that, maybe, Percy was wrong.

"That lady that came up to us," Jason began but stopped and asked, "You remember her, right?" Percy nodded.

"Her name is Hera."

Well hello.

I actually have the next chapter planned out in my head, so now it's only a matter of actually writing it down in a way I enjoy.

I don't have too much to say, but belated Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in 'Murica.

Have a good day y'all.