Chapter 76: I'm Unbelievably Single, And That's That On That

I love my little naive boys in this story. Take care, have fun. I enjoyed this chapter, personally.

"Thanks for taking care of my brother."
*****

"I'll destroy everyone you love, Jackson."

Percy rolled his eyes, unamused with Piper's Mario Kart-induced rage. It wasn't his fault he just happened to be superior.

Thalia sat in the armchair eating a bowl of ice cream, fairly entertained by the two teens. She'd been discharged a mere three days after her surgery with several instructions for both her and Jason to help her recover. Mainly, she was told to rest as much as she could, and currently that involved sitting in her living room and watching her brother's friends sabotage each other in their video games. Jason and Leo were working on some project upstairs, but Piper was in no mood to sit around and do nothing. Thus, Percy had been invited over to hang out with the girl.

"Thals," Piper addressed the older girl sitting across the room, "I think I need to skip school this week to improve my skills."

Thalia scoffed at the idea. "If you're skipping for anything, it's to go to work for me. Boss is pissed I'm out for a couple weeks."

"What did he want you to do?" Piper asked, her tone annoyed, "It's not like you wanted to crash your brother's car and break your spine."

"I don't know," Thalia responded lightheartedly, "Jason's been much nicer to me since."

The comment earned a small chuckle from Percy, a feat that Thalia looked rather proud of. Piper also laughed, vocalizing her agreements about Jason's recent kindness. Percy listened to the two girls chat, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere (even if they did happen to be poking fun at Jason) they set in the room. He'd always liked being in the Grace home. His apartment held too many memories of Gabe and everything he'd done to the boy. Peace was an alien topic in Percy's "home" as a child. At the Graces', though, he felt safe. There was a visible connection between everyone that came through the house, and Percy loved it. As cheesy as it sounded, was an actual home, rather than just a place to live.

"Percy," Piper addressed the boy after getting second in yet another race, "do you and Jason want to go on a double date some time?"

Thalia grunted in confusion, mid-spoonful of her ice cream, "What the hell, Pipes? Who are you taking?"

Piper offered a bright but sheepish smile. "Well, it wouldn't be soon. Ideally, though, Annabeth."

"Does she like girls?" Thalia asked curiously. She always got the updates on Piper's love life because she was basically the girl's older sister.

"No clue," Piper shrugged, "that's step one. Anyways, Percy?"

For Piper's and Jason's sakes, Percy gave a hesitant nod. Piper seemed very pleased with the answer and went back to chatting with Thalia about the blonde girl she apparently had her eyes on. He wasn't particularly sure how he felt about the idea himself, though. First of all, presenting himself with Jason as a couple was an odd concept, although it didn't sound terrible when Percy really thought about it. Then there was Percy's speech, which had been improving drastically with the amount of talking he did with Jason. He wasn't a big fan of sitting around while the other three talked to each other about gods-know-what.