Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas One-Shot

Hello everybody. You can skip this chapter if you don't feel like reading, I just thought I'd give y'all a gift. It's a really cheesy one-shot, and I have so many regrets about it but also no regrets at all.

❗️THIS IS IN THE CANON UNIVERSE (but percabeth and jiper are both broken up whoops) AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS FANFIC EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT THEY ARE BOTH JERCY❗️

Hope you guys enjoy!

Jason Grace's seventeenth Christmas Eve was an interesting one, to say the least.

Annabeth had turned 18 back in July, and her dad was paying for an apartment for her in New York. She was having the crew—the seven, Reyna, Nico, Grover, Rachel, Thalia, the whole shebang—over for a Christmas Eve party. After their gift exchange and sing-along that probably made the neighbors plug their ears, they all settled down for a round of movies.

"All I'm saying is that, if Santa exists in all these Christmas movies, shouldn't the adults know he's real?" Piper proposed an argument halfway through Elf, "He delivers presents and shit, so shouldn't all these parents realize that there are random presents that show up in the middle of the night and—"

"Pipes," Annabeth interrupted her, "they're just movies."

"But there's plot inconsistencies!" Piper argued, but Annabeth just sighed, patting the shorter girl's shoulder.

Reyna turned on It's A Wonderful Life after seeing that none of her peers were going to get up and start a new movie. They lounged around for what was probably twenty minutes before Piper decided she was hungry and sent Jason to the kitchen to retrieve cookies.

Annabeth went a bit overboard with the cookies, and she already told everyone they'd be going home with at least ten of the extras each. Jason grabbed a plate that he hoped would suffice for her former girlfriend. After picking it up, the blonde noticed none other than Percy Jackson standing in the kitchen's doorframe-like entryway. He was facing into the living room away from Jason, watching everything from a distance.

Jason walked over to him, nudging him with his elbow to get the older boy's attention. His gaze was met with Percy's stunning green eyes, and Jason may or may not have forgotten where he was for a few moments.

"Uh, hungry?" Jason offered, lifting the plate in his hand.

Percy smiled at him but shook his head. "Your girlfriend will eat every last one of those, dude. It's impressive."

Jason chuckled. It was true that Piper could eat horrendous amounts of food at a time. However, that wasn't the main focus to the blonde regarding what was just said to him. "Ex...girlfriend."

Percy raised his eyebrows. "Since when?"

"October," Jason said, shrugging.

The son of Poseidon only said, "Oh."

As if she sensed the conversation just died, Piper's head popped up from behind the couch cushions as she said, "Jason, did you get lost or some—"

She stopped herself by choking on air before bursting into laughter. Jason looked at her like she'd just lost her mind, and she just pointed upwards. The blonde looked up to see a mistletoe and internally groaned. He looked over to see Percy with a smug smirk on his face.

"I—I don't think—I wouldn't," Jason forgot how to speak English.

Percy rolled his eyes. "Grow a pair, Grace."

Then he took Jason's face in his hands and pressed their lips together. Jason nearly dropped the plate in his hand. He still believed that some god of Christmas cookies that Jason wasn't aware of probably saved them.

They broke apart sooner than Jason would've liked. Percy smiled at him before plucking a cookie off the plate, sticking it in his mouth, and going to sit down with the others.

Jason was absolutely flabbergasted.

He used his free hand to press a finger to his lips, still a bit hesitant to believe that Percy Jackson had just kissed him. Still, he had to go sit down with everyone else and deliver the plate to Piper who "nearly starved without them!" as she had not dramatically at all put it.

He ended up next to Percy, and towards the end of the movie he leaned over and whispered what had been on his mind since their moment in the kitchen, "Did you plan that?"

Percy flicked his gaze over at Jason for just a moment. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't."

"Gods, I hate you," Jason muttered.

Percy smiled. "You wish you hated me."

*****

After they helped Annabeth clean up once everyone had left, Jason and Percy got ready to leave. Before the former walked out the door, though, he was stopped by the green-eyed boy.

"Hey," he started, "Dinner? Twenty-sixth?"

Jason nodded faster than he cared to admit.

"Great," Percy sighed in relief.

Percy was about to walk out the door, but Jason grabbed his wrist. He turned to face the blonde and was quickly pulled into another kiss. It was held until someone cleared their throat from across the room, and they broke apart. They looked over to see Annabeth.

"Get a room, boys," she said, winking as she walked into the kitchen.

Percy jokingly rolled his eyes at her before looking back at Jason. "See you soon, I guess."

"Yeah," the blonde agreed.

Percy smiled and opened the door, gesturing for Jason to exit before following behind him.

Oh, it was definitely an interesting night for Jason Grace.

It's not even Christmas for me when I'm publishing this. Whoops.

Anyways, sorry that I can't really write one-shots to save my life lmaooooo

Have a happy holiday season y'all, thank you guys so much for sticking with me through my inconsistent updates, my mess of a plot, my cliffhangers, and my angst overload. I appreciate each and every one of you.

Goodnight kids.