Chapter 25: The Doughnut Queen

Hello, everybody. How has everyone's October been? I've been braindead recently, so excuse whatever happens in the next thousand words or so.

I'm not even gonna lie, I had no plans for this chapter. It just kind of formed itself. (But next chapter I do have plans for, and I think you'll all just absolutely love them.)

So yeah, have fun with that.

"Please be my English partner, Jackson!"
*****

Jason would have thoroughly enjoyed just sleeping through the entire day. Sure, he'd miss six classes of work, but he'd get over it. Of course, while Jason had no problem with this, his female friend did.

"Get out of bed, loser, we have to go in fifteen minutes!" Piper shouted, banging on the door.

The blonde groaned loudly in response, rolling out of his bed and onto the floor. He lazily (but quickly!) made his way through his morning routine, meeting Piper downstairs approximately twelve minutes later with a poptart. The verbal exchange in the car was nonexistent until Jason finished his food, at which time Piper immediately struck up a conversation.

She scrolled through what appeared to be her Instagram as she spoke, "So, Leo tells me you were hiding stuff about your whereabouts yesterday."

Jason heavily sighed. "Yeah, of course he did."

"What were you doing?" She asked, her lips subconsciously curling into a smile. Piper knew full well Jason was more likely to tell her a secret than Leo. It wasn't that Jason liked Piper more or didn't trust Leo, it was just that Leo tended to blow things out of proportion. Jason preferred to let situations die down completely until telling Leo things to make sure he didn't accidentally make anything worse.

"Just talking to Percy," Jason explained, "and if you tell Leo, he'll be pissed at me. So please don't do that, thanks."

"Yeah, whatever," she waved him off. She'd probably tell Leo.

"What were you guys talking about that you couldn't tell Leo?" Piper continued the conversation.

Jason sighed. "His eye."

"What's wrong with his eye? I think his eyes are pretty cool, don't come for me," she said.

"No–okay, fine, they are–but I'm talking about the bruise," Jason explained.

Piper shook her head. "Jase, I have no clue what the hell you're talking about."

"Right, sorry," he said, "it was Reyna that helped fix it. He had it covered and I messed it up, so she helped."

Piper nodded, confirming that she had heard the statement. She then dropped the conversation and started surfing through radio channels, trying to find something she liked. They arrived at school less than five minutes later.

Standing outside of Piper's locker were Percy and Leo. The latter was telling Percy something, probably a story based off of his stupid grin and exaggerated hand movements. Percy had the smallest hint of an amused smile as he intently watched him. How Leo almost always had so much energy in the morning still baffled Jason.

Both Percy's and Leo's gazes traveled to Piper and Jason when they arrived. Leo immediately jumped back into story mode and began talking to Piper, so Jason invited Percy to go to his locker with him to avoid the chaos that is the duo of Piper McLean and Leo Valdez.