Chapter 71: This Is The Most Unnecessary Chapter I've Written So Far

Y'all I got my eyes dilated for the first time and I couldn't read anything unless it was like three feet away or further. If there's mistakes in this chapter, it's because I couldn't see, whoops.

Also, the eye drops were supposed to last 3-6 hours, and 36 hours later my pupils are still slightly bigger than average. I'm not a fan.

With a nod and another quick peck of the lips, Percy led them back to his apartment peacefully.
*****

"Boys, I'm home," Sally Jackson's familiar voice floated into Percy's room, "just so you know."

There was no response, as Percy didn't feel like answering and Jason was still sound asleep despite Sally's shouting from outside the room. Percy had convinced the other boy to simply stay over at the Jacksons' apartment, mostly just because Percy wanted to spend more time with him. Getting to fall asleep with Jason at his side was certainly a bonus as well.

He had a gentle arm wrapped around the blonde, hugging him to his side. His left leg had gotten intertwined with both of Jason's sometime during the night, and his head rested near Jason's shoulder. Percy craned his neck upwards to see the other boy's face. His mouth was very slightly agape, even breaths relaxing Percy in the otherwise silent room. Percy's eyes felt heavy, and he was really wishing he could fall back asleep. Jason wasn't helping, his warmth only making Percy more drowsy. With a yawn, Percy finally gave up and closed his eyes again, shifting his head to lay against Jason's chest. The boy's steady heartbeat drummed against his ear.

"G'morning," Jason muttered about ten minutes later, gently ruffling Percy's hair.

Percy nodded agreeably with a small smile. Gods, if he woke up like this regularly, every morning would be a good one. His only concern was that he might end up never getting out of bed on time. Thankfully, though, he had no plans for that particular Saturday, so he could technically waste the day away in Jason's embrace if he truly wanted.

"How'd you sleep?" Jason asked next, his hand returning to rest against the side of Percy's torso.

Sighing, Percy buried as much of his face as possible in Jason's chest to avoid confrontation with the incoming brightness of the morning sun. He murmured, "Perfectly."

Jason's quiet chuckle reverberated throughout his chest, music to Percy's ears. Afterwards, comfortable silence settled in the air while Jason rubbed a gentle arm along Percy's side.

"I'm gonna have to go soon," Jason whispered several minutes later, "Piper might behead me if I cancel our plans."

Percy smiled, knowing the other boy was probably right. He nodded reluctantly and tried to peel himself off of Jason, but the blonde gave him a soft squeeze, keeping Percy where he was.

"Soon, not yet," Jason told him, "She can wait a few extra minutes."

Percy was more than okay with that, despite his eye roll that followed Jason's statement. He'd take every minute that Jason willingly gave him. He was just glad his mother hadn't come in earlier, not necessarily hiding the fact that he'd gone on a couple dates with Jason but certainly not ready for whatever embarrassing thing she'd say if she saw them laying together like this. Sally would absolutely tease him about for days, and as much as Percy liked getting to cuddle up with Jason, he didn't need a daily reminder about it from his mom.

"Was last night okay?" Percy asked quietly, reaching over to grab Jason's hands to fiddle with the blonde's lean fingers.

He could see Jason nod from the corner of his eye. "After I realized nobody was going to kidnap us, it was great. Also, that was the best dinner I've had in weeks."

Percy playfully smacked a hand against Jason's chest, invoking a laugh from the blonde. Jason continued, "And this is very nice, too."

As Percy hummed in agreement, a sound went off from Jason's phone on the nightstand. With Jason mostly trapped underneath Percy at the time, the green-eyed boy grabbed the phone for him, his eyes avoiding the screen as he passed it to Jason.

Jason let out a slight huff of annoyance. "Piper's summoning me. Are you doing anything tomorrow?"

Percy thought for a moment, although not sure what else he would have scheduled, before shaking his head.

"Do you want to get lunch together, then?" He asked Percy, simultaneously texting Piper back to tell her he'd be on his way soon.

When Percy nodded, Jason grinned down at the boy. "Great! I'll, uh, see you tomorrow, I guess."

Rolling off of Jason and allowing the blonde to get out of bed, Percy told him, "See you then."

Jason pulled his shoes on, grabbing his keys and making sure he still had his phone. Before leaving Percy's room, he walked over to him. Percy raised his eyebrows quizzically before Jason brushed his hair out of his face and pressed a gentle kiss to Percy's forehead. A small smile accompanied the blush that tinted Percy's face at the action. With a quick goodbye, Jason slipped out of his room, quietly shutting the door behind him.

Percy could hear Jason and his mother speaking, but he couldn't quite make out the words. He just hoped Sally was sparing Jason from the motherly humiliation that he'd most certainly be receiving once the blonde left the apartment. Surely enough, he was correct. He heard the entrance door close and, only moments later, there was a knock on his own.

Sally waited a few seconds before swinging his bedroom door open with a grin. "Jason's such a sweet boy, Percy, thank you for liking him and not some hooligan of a teenager."

Moving nothing but his legs in order to allow her to sit at the foot of his bed, which she gladly did, Percy gave her a nod. She asked her son, "What'd you guys do last night?"

"Dinner and a walk," Percy answered quietly. He still didn't talk much to his mother, usually only giving her pieces of sentences when he did. Sally just seemed happy that he spoke to her at all, though.

Sally gave him a disapproving look, obviously on Jason's side when it came to walking around defenselessly at night. Percy didn't have the energy to look guilty, opting to shrug at her instead. She sighed, patting Percy's legs and standing up to leave.

"I'm glad he makes you happy, honey," she told him, stepping past the door and turning back to face Percy. He offered a grateful smile, and Sally carefully closed the door again after returning it.

Jason did make him happy.

This chapter has no real content, I'm aware. It's 1000 words of pure fluff and no plot. Hope y'all were okay with that. The next chapter's already in the works for you guys.

Also, fun news.

My friend probably has corona, and I saw her like a couple hours after she supposedly got exposed to it. Idk if she was infectious at that point, but I'm five days into the fourteen day incubation period with none of the main symptoms so, uh, let's hope I don't get sick. That'd be unfortunate for several reasons.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter! See you later!