Chapter 82: Leo Can Be Paid With Either Your Love And Attention Or Food

Y'all this was literally my third individual attempt at writing this chapter, like I have 3 separate drafts LMAO

Sorry for taking about eight years to update. I had tons of work for the end of the semester, and my brain needed a small break before I could write anything worth reading for you guys. Hope you enjoy!!

After all, time seemed to move faster whenever Jason Grace was around.
*****

Leo was dreading the day that Piper found a date.

Jason, Percy, Piper, and himself sat around Jason's living room watching the first season of Criminal Minds for probably the fifth time in total on Friday night. Percy and Jason were pretty much glued to each other's side, quietly giggling at nothing and ignoring the rest of the world. He sat across the room with Piper, his saving grace. Even if there were two of them, they still somehow ended up third-wheeling together.

They watched a few episodes before Leo dramatically groaned and rolled off the couch. Piper glared at him, pausing the show and looking at him expectantly.

"I think it's time for me to head out, lady and gents," Leo bowed to them before pointing at Percy. "You coming?"

Reluctantly, Percy nodded and peeled himself away from Jason and waved goodbye to him and Piper before going to put his shoes on.

Jason stretched as he sat up. "I wish I could just drive you guys home."

"It is what it is, dearest friend," Leo waved him off, high-fiving Piper on his way out. "We'll see you later!"

With that, he left to find Percy holding the door open for him at the front of the house. They made their way down the driveway and onto the sidewalk, beginning their route home. A useless idea crossed Leo's mind.

"Why don't we drop you off first for once?" Leo asked.

Percy shook his head. Despite the fact that Leo would probably do fine on the streets, Percy felt better when he actually saw his friends walk into their homes unharmed.

"Come on," Leo tried to bargain, "Jason told your mom found something wrong with your car this morning, yeah? I can fix it—no charge except your friendship."

Percy couldn't help but roll his eyes at Leo. Still, the idea was flattering. It wasn't like they had extra money lying around to fix the car. He'd almost forgotten about Leo's mechanic skills. Sally would probably appreciate having the car repaired.

After a moment of deliberation, Percy reluctantly nodded and took the next turn in his apartment's direction instead of Leo's home. He chose to ignore Leo's smug smile at his side. They spent most of the walk identifying the issue that Leo actually had to fix. He'd suggest something, and Percy would nod if it was applicable. Leo knew it was a very inefficient system, but at least Percy was comfortable.

Leo had seen the outside of Percy's apartment complex several times, but he was pretty sure he'd never gone inside. After knowing about what all happened in there, Leo wasn't particularly thrilled to enter. He didn't know how Percy did it every day. Pushing the thoughts to the back of his head, Leo followed Percy through the doors and up the stairs.

When they finally got to the right floor, Leo opened his mouth to make a joke about being out of shape when he got a face full of Percy's shoulder.