Chapter 10: Gotta Eat It All

I'm having semi-terrible writer's block😂 So, yes, I am going to skip five days to Friday night. (Night of the "get together" thingy.) I apologize for being trash😂 Hope you enjoyyyyy!

Just maybe.
*****

Percy paced the living of his apartment anxiously. Jason had told him that 7:00 would be a good time to show up, and he was already five minutes late. He took deep breaths as he tried to calm himself down.

You'll be fine, Percy. Just don't fuck up.

He stopped pacing, pulling himself together before finally deciding to leave. The walk to Jason's house was around fifteen minutes long, so that would automatically make him twenty minutes late. An amazing first impression.

Gabe had been asleep since five, hungover from wherever he'd been beforehand. He left Percy alone, thankfully, but the green-eyed boy was having trouble trying to avoid thoughts of whatever the man would do after finding out Percy had left without permission. His mother, on the other hand, was extremely happy for Percy. After having a text conversation about it on her lunch break, Sally continuously mentioned it to her son in an attempt to get him to be more optimistic about the future situation.

Clearing his head, Percy began the walk to Jason's house. He could probably take the car, but he figured doing that would only get him in more trouble with his stepfather. Plus, he liked taking walks, so win-win, I guess? About halfway there, Percy shot Jason a quick text announcing his tardiness.

Percy: sorry for being so late

Percy: something came up, I'll be there in a few minutes

Jason: Great, we'll wait for you.

Percy couldn't help but smile slightly at the reply. He'd decided Jason was probably too nice for his own good, but Percy still appreciated it greatly. Percy returned his phone to his pocket, sighing as he continued his walk.

*****

Jason sat in his bedroom with Piper, Leo, Reyna, Frank, Hazel, and Annabeth as he waited for the night's extra addition. Leo was the only one that knew Percy was coming in the first place, and him and Piper were the only ones that knew Jason was even associated with Percy at that time. A few of them knew who Percy was from different encounters, but they didn't know much more than a face.

"When are we gonna start?" Piper asked from Jason's bed, looking over at him.

Jason shrugged. "Few minutes. We're still waiting on someone."

Annabeth, who was sitting next to Piper, perked up at the other blonde's statement. "Who is it?" She asked curiously with a hint of excitement in her voice.

Leo responded before Jason could. "Jason's literal dream."

"Leo, shut up!" Jason whined at his friend as he buried his head in his hands. The chorus of laughter from his friends didn't help his embarrassment, either.

"Oh my gods," Reyna muttered at her phone with an eye roll.

Everyone's attention transferred to the girl, who gathered the group at the foot of Jason's bed. The girls had already claimed it for the night, leaving all the males on the floor.