Chapter 61: Was Definitely Half-Asleep While Writing The Last Six Hundred Words

Two time skips in this chapter, y'all. Thrilling content.

This chapter is significantly lower in quality than some of my more recent ones, in my opinion, but it's about time I added a partially filler chapter. These poor characters deserved a break LOL

"Night, Thals."
*****

When Jason arrived at school on Monday, he left Piper behind as he crossed through the front doors and made a beeline for Percy's locker. Leo stood by the black-haired boy, but waved at Jason as he walked over. Percy followed his gaze and offered a pleasant smile to the blonde.

"Long time, no see," Jason greeted, knowing it'd only been a day since he last saw the two.

Piper arrived as Percy playfully rolled his eyes at Jason. She didn't say anything, but she grabbed Leo's arm and dragged him away, ignoring his protests and confused comments. Percy looked at Jason expectantly after watching the other two walk around the corner.

The blonde had a faint blush tinting his cheeks as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. "Uh...I may or not have told Piper about...you know."

Percy nodded, smiling at the blonde. He thought he'd had enough time to recover from the pure joy he felt after kissing Jason, but it appeared that he still couldn't totally contain his emotions.

"About that, by the way," Jason gave the other boy a sheepish grin, "would you maybe be interested in going on a, ah, a date with me in the future?"

Percy's eyes widened slightly. He hadn't expected the blonde to be so forward. He certainly wasn't opposed to it, but he expected to have to go through an awkward phase where they pretended nothing happened. Before his brain could even process the question fully, Percy felt himself nodding.

Jason sighed in what seemed to be relief. "Okay, great. I was a little worried, not gonna lie. We can talk about it later, yeah?"

The bell rang after Jason's statement, telling the two they really had no choice but to speak later. Percy gave the blonde a thumbs up before they parted ways to start the school day.

*****

"Dude, what happened with you and Jason?" Leo took the seat next to Percy at the back of their English class. It was the first time Leo had seen him or the blonde since Piper separated them early that morning.

Percy frowned. Nobody but Jason, and apparently Piper now, knew he was gay. Surely, though, Leo wouldn't mind. Jason was out to the shorter boy, so Percy chose to ignore the doubts at the back of his mind and pulled out his phone to send Leo a brief text.

He kissed me.

Leo read the message, a wide grin spreading across his face. "Fucking finally. Between you and me, he's definitely had a crush on you for a while now. Actually, I only found out about it like last week, but still."

Percy made a gesture telling Leo to lower his voice. Chris and Ethan already tortured him enough without even knowing if he was gay. If they found out, they'd surely have a field day with it. He could already hear some of the things they'd say to him.

"Right, sorry," Leo waved his hand, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

The taller boy shrugged, not feeling the need or desire to dive deep with Leo about his anxieties and doubts at the time. Percy had actually spent most of the previous day with Leo in a sad attempt to avoid talking to his mother. He thought he'd be able to face her, he really did. She'd already gone to bed when Percy arrived on Saturday, and when Sunday morning rolled around, Percy felt sick at the thought of talking to Sally about what had happened.